Expensive Stinking Foods....

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
8,209
Reaction score
5
Points
38
Location
South Africa
My "Hikari" Discus foods that I get exclusively to feed the Discus, is extemely expensive down here (R107 for 80 grams), but I think it is this that makes my water :whiff: to intollerable measures...... When I lift the lid of my Discus tank, I wanna puke........ I've moved them 3 times in the last month because of water odour, but cannot ascribe it to anything else than the foods I feed...... Hikari for Discus???
 
My "Hikari" Discus foods that I get exclusively to feed the Discus, is extemely expensive down here (R107 for 80 grams), but I think it is this that makes my water :whiff: to intollerable measures...... When I lift the lid of my Discus tank, I wanna puke........ I've moved them 3 times in the last month because of water odour, but cannot ascribe it to anything else than the foods I feed...... Hikari for Discus???


Anybody else have this problem, or is Hikari a South African unique food??
 
No Hikari is sold all over the world. I used to buy it for my goldfish. I don't know what the ingredients of the discus food is but I never had a problem with my goldfish food. Perhaps call or email the company and ask if they have any theories? If they make it they obviously know what goes into it and may be able to help with a reason why?

Do you feed the discus a lot of the food? Or do they leave a lot uneaten? If so perhaps the rapid breakdown of uneaten food is causing the tank to smell. Is there some other brand you could give them at all? Perhaps you could alternate the days of feeding the Hikari and give them only live foods like daphnia or even mosquito larvae or something like that on those days when you don't feed it to them .
 

Most reactions

Back
Top