Expensive fish

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Thomas A. Anderson

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Just come back from a trip to Maidenhead Aq. in Syon Park, they had some lovely Black Piranha at £120 each. But they also had some amazing Tiger Rays at £650 each and they claim there are only 4 of these in the UK.

If I was a rich man, do do dodo do do da...........

lovely black piranah? pretty maybe but something that would eat my hand would be hard for me to call lovely. those are a bit pricey though but would be great to see.

:eek: £48 for Zebra Plec,£18 for L262,£15 for rare Loach is my Max!! £650 for a fish? I could get new computer for that! :lol:

Graeme.

Thats nothing compared to the prices of golden and double red arowanas,in the far east these fish exchange hands for thousands of pounds,a good sized M.tigrinus can cost over a thousand as well,the people who keep these fish must have nerves of steel,imagine coming home and discovering a out break of Ich on a fish that expensive.

a guy was asking in my local lfs for a scorpion fish....the shop guy said he can get 1 but it would be very expensive....so the first guy said how much??

the shop guy made a fone call n quoted £1650 which is about $3500 :lol:

i was totally amazed when the guy said okay order it

MADNESS :S :hyper:

i thought i was good the other day when i rescued a 5-6 inch long 15 yr old kissing gourami from the lfs which had jumped out the tank the other day....id rescued the £100 fish and didnt even get a thanx

Tek :fish:

the 1 i rescued looked very peaceful......it was in a tank with a few 1-2 inch kissers, a few pleco's and a few sword tails.....it was huge compare to the other fish....but it never chased any....was just swimmin up n down the tank

Tek :fish:

Tanked said:
lovely black piranah? pretty maybe but something that would eat my hand would be hard for me to call lovely. those are a bit pricey though but would be great to see.
they don't attac humans for no reasons, and they wont bite you if you stick your hand in the water. they only kill when they are hungry or smell blood. so just dont have any open cuts, and you're fine :) :thumbs:

A 11-12 inches long Comets can be sold for HK$120,000+ (£9190 / US$15,387)! :blink: And amazingly there r people who's willing to buy them!! :eek: :look: :alien: B) :huh:

Edit: I don't know if it's the case in UK or US tho ...

there are two normal pirahana in my lfs for £30 a peice. each was in its own tank and on the description it said "non comunity" lmao i was tempted to have them both for my new tank then realised i would have to change some of my stocking plans. seems that happened anyways but would love something as oddball as pirahna. yea some fish cost allot i would have to save up before getting any thing that expencive.

Most reactions

Back