Exotic Panorama Pro Leds

Reeferbro

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi
I recently got a 55 gallon aquarium (aqua one 980) and it came with a sump and 5 exotic panorama pro LEDs (2 white, 2 blue, 1 magenta) built into the hood. Is this enough light? I'm Hoping to keep mostly zoas, lps and some sps. The tank isn't set up yet as I wanted to make sure before I started the fish less cycle.

Cheers

Give everyone a chance. On paper they look fine, but I suspect that most people hung back from posting (as I myself did) because they have no direct experience of those actual lights.

All the references to them I found easily online were from the USA, who are probably all asleep at the moment, so you may well get more answers in a couple of hours as the US wakes up.

That's ok, it's just a time zone thing. Some posts get answered in minutes, some take ages.

Is there any further info on the lights? Wattage, for example? What size is the fixture?

And is your tank the AquaStyle 980, 215L?

Yes it is the 215l. There are five LED strips in the hood about 12 inches long each. Sorry not sure on the wattage and it is connected to a exotic controller

The wattage of the light might be OK - the blurb on the manufacturers site says each strip has 16W which is a total of 80W. That's 0.37W / litre which just might be nearly there. 

You might need to experiment with what you have for now, especially with the Zoas, not enough light and the colours will dim, too much and they'll start to brown. Similarly, too much light could just kill LPS whilst you might have have a play around with the SPS in different positions to see which it prefers.

I'm sure you need to keep your SPS away from your Zoantharia, though. 

Ok thanks do i need to keep my zoas away from sps because they might grow on top of them and kill them?

Reeferbro said:
Ok thanks do i need to keep my zoas away from sps because they might grow on top of them and kill them?

Yes, that's exactly why!

Most reactions

Back