Exchanging Fish

ChilliPepper

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Oct 1, 2008
Messages
2,133
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have found a shop that will exchange my 3 Gouramis so am wondering what to get to replace them with.

On my definite future stock list are 2 Bolivian Rams and 6 Corydoras.

I'm sure I heard somewhere of Cories being a bit sensitive so best to leave them until last?

Should I get the Bolivians?

Oh and also would it be better for the fish's journey to be in a bag of tank water, bag of fresh dechlorinated water or half and half?
 
Just use tank water, they'll be fine in that.

And the rams will be just as sensitive as the corys, if not more so.
 
Gouramis have gone back, now got 2 more Columbians to bring them up to 5 and a female Black Phantom to go with my two boys. Will get another two when they have them in stock so they will be 5 too.

Got my rams too. Not sure if m & f as they are quite small and shop said it's difficult to tell for definite.

They're all acclimatising in the tank. Turned the lights off and will leave them to it for an hour or so to de-stress a bit.

Anything else I can do to make it easier for them?
 
Sorry, meant mainly during the acclimatisation period.

Though thanks for the tip :good: I have a couple of fairly large smooth pebbles around some bogwood and some coconut caves. Will the pebbles suffice do you think?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top