Eww...."shivers"....

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I had a pet leech as a kid. I kept it in a jam jar, and it was fascinating. When they "bite" it is painless, and I never picked up any illness from it draining me, nor would I have expected it to.

I recommend you find some kid on your street to deal with it. :lol:

:sick: So when it came to feeding your pet leech you just stuck your finger in and let it suck??? Wow theres a thought :blink:

ewwww..... I've had lots of leaches bite me, and they are a lot grosser when attching themselves to your skin than anyone could ever imagine.
I'd suggest you get someone else to net the shrimp out. Then add loads of salt or other evil poison to the tank to kill the leaches.
Then fish out the ornaments and gravel with a net, and put them in boiling water.
Then pour the water and dead leaches down the loo. Or preferably, someone elses loo, just in case they come back to life and slime their way back up the U-bend....

you do realize that if you put salt on a leech, it spits everything out, which would make things worse. this is why you arent supposed to burn or put salt on a leech while its on you

... but the leaches were in an empty tank which you're going to drain and scrub, so it wouldn't matter.
Salt, alchol and cigarrettes burns all cause leaches to "unattach" themselves, so people used to recommend using them when they had bitten, but also cause them to regurgitate their stomache contents into the wound first... not a nice thought.

you do realize that if you put salt on a leech, it spits everything out, which would make things worse. this is why you arent supposed to burn or put salt on a leech while its on you

yeah take the safe fish and stuff out and leave the tank and they will soon die from lack of food they live on blood.

Wonder if a battery would have enough juice to zap em? :lol:

I like leaches, there used to be a ton of em in a trench on a mate's joint when we were kids. We were constantly collecting em in jars and keeping them as pets.

Personally I would stick my arm in the tank (from the sounds of it they won't hesitate to come running as they haven't had a feed in a while) then wait till they've drunk enough to drop off on their own accord before putting them in a jar.

They aren't that bad really, they only drink as much as they need then leave the host, it's ticks that are the buggers. Ticks are greedy and will continue feeding well after they are full. And as for paralysis ticks, well, they are the worst of all, a bite from one of them can be enough to kill.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back