Eww...."shivers"....

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Reaction score
Eww.... :| ....

I was just looking into my 5gal tank to see if my amoured shrimp was ok as i havn't seen him around for a couple of days and i noticed there were at least 3 long black leaches in the tank "shivers"...

..... ...... .......
Leaches.....(insert ghost face smiley in here)...

Now, i don't have a clue how they got in there since the tank hasn't had any new ornements or plants for 3months now and they certainly wern't there the last time i gave it a clean, and i clean it once a week(water change, scrub tank sides and check filter is ok etc, regular stuff) so its a mystery to me how they got it there unless, i dunno...they parachuted out of the sky or slimed their way across the kitchen floor, squished their way up the worktop and across the sink and stretched their squelchy selves into the tank.

Anyways.
Im not touching that tank.
No leachs for me.
.....no.
They are not going in the nets, persuasion never was my one of my skills with things that resemble blood sucking worms.

....And im worried about my shrimp.
These things are not going to welcome residents in this tank but im not putting my hands in there either, any clues how to get them out with the least contact posible "shivers at thought of touching hell sent zombie nazi worms"...?

Eww.... :| ....

I was just looking into my 5gal tank to see if my amoured shrimp was ok as i havn't seen him around for a couple of days and i noticed there were at least 3 long black leaches in the tank "shivers"...

..... ...... .......
Leaches.....(insert ghost face smiley in here)...

Now, i don't have a clue how they got in there since the tank hasn't had any new ornements or plants for 3months now and they certainly wern't there the last time i gave it a clean, and i clean it once a week(water change, scrub tank sides and check filter is ok etc, regular stuff) so its a mystery to me how they got it there unless, i dunno...they parachuted out of the sky or slimed their way across the kitchen floor, squished their way up the worktop and across the sink and stretched their squelchy selves into the tank.

Anyways.
Im not touching that tank.
No leachs for me.
.....no.
They are not going in the nets, persuasion never was my one of my skills with things that resemble blood sucking worms.

....And im worried about my shrimp.
These things are not going to welcome residents in this tank but im not putting my hands in there either, any clues how to get them out with the least contact posible "shivers at thought of touching hell sent zombie nazi worms"...?

...gloves are your friend :D

Hmm....don't have any rubber gloves or anything, i was sort of hoping to lure them out somhow as they are probably all over the ornements/plants in the tank and i don't fancy poking around the tank trying to pinch leaches off the gear...or even find one while im cleaning the tank filter of somthing :crazy: .

you could try to get a critter trap, though your shrimp might get trapped as well... i think the net is your friend!

easiest solution get some 1 else to get them out.
not a chance i would put my hands in the tank with leaches in there :sick:
lol good luck thou :blink: :crazy:

a net or gloves mate is the answer, you might need to hurry up, other wise the bloodsucking nazi hell worms might start breeding.

:ninja:

Well, it seems to me you have a clear duty here. Did you know that bloodsucking leeches are an endangered species? They have obviously come to you for protection- it is up to you to set up a leech-breeding programme for them, they are looking to you, you have a moral duty!!! :rofl: :lol:

ewwww..... I've had lots of leaches bite me, and they are a lot grosser when attching themselves to your skin than anyone could ever imagine.
I'd suggest you get someone else to net the shrimp out. Then add loads of salt or other evil poison to the tank to kill the leaches.
Then fish out the ornaments and gravel with a net, and put them in boiling water.
Then pour the water and dead leaches down the loo. Or preferably, someone elses loo, just in case they come back to life and slime their way back up the U-bend....

ewwww.... I wouldnt want to get them out either. Wouldnt just rinsing the whole bowl under the tap get them out?
Reminds me of being in a river without shoes on and this huge leech got under my toenail...nasty things.

Ok..that is one of the most disgusting things I've read in here since all those spider threads in general :X :sick: Good luck Tokis! And good luck to your little shrimp!

btw.. that's a great link chish.. although I could never touch them myself! :no:

LOl, in the summer, we go up to my uncles cabin on the lake.
My cousin and I went swimming, and jumping off rocks (They have some huge rocks)
I pulled 4 leaches off my legs, I think he only pulled off 2.
We also use leaches for fishing....they're not that bad. ;)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back