Ever Seen Coloring Like This ?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Karah's_Mommy

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Many months ago, like 6 or more, my betta Sashi started developing some streaks in his fins. His first streaks appeared on his anal fin, they to his dorsal and pectoral fins, and now on his caudal fin. At first I thought it was the beginning of septicimia and treated it as such. After multiple rounds of Maracyn, then Furan-2, then nothing but clean water with some salt the streaks got darker and thicker. Nothing I treated him with worked at all. The other day I took him to my lfs. The guy there took a look at him and believes that it's not septicimia, but pigmentation. It's hard to see, but Sashi has a lavender wash and the streaks are more of a purple color than blood red. Has anyone else seen anything like this? It being a pigmentation would explain why none of my treatments worked. He's been a healthly fish the entire time, he's never acted sick or shown any other symptoms.

100_0017.jpg

100_0016.jpg

I saw a couple bettas like this in a store, locally. Actually, they're almost common where I'm at. (not to demean your position, it's just a demographic thing)

Cheers for mable VTs?

Definitely just pigmentation :nod:

Classy looking betta.

Don't mean to get off topic but I saw a care bear stuffed animal aren't you alittle old to have stuffed animals? :p

:* Cute marble boy! I guess marbles are infamous for constantly changing like that... he's turning red just in time for X-mas! I just saw 2 VT's at my LFS that looked very similar.

Most reactions

Back