European Cup Semis

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Arfie

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Just had to say I'm glad England managed to put 3 teams into the semi finals it shows the strength of our top teams and as somone that remembers the days that the best in England were generally the best in Europe, I'm glad to see it returning, it also means that we are guaranteed to have at least one English finalist for the 3rd year in a row :)

Much as it pains me to say it, congratulations to ManU for the demilision of Roma :good: and awesome display of finishing in what could well have been a very tricky tie. I have a few scumbag supporters as friends and most of them thought it was 50/50 at best that they'd get through, which makes it all the better. The rent boys did well too in grinding out the result in Valencia. And finally, my beloved Liverpool, what a dreadfully tiresome game to watch, purely because we'd done all the work the week before, though PSV were very unfortunate to get the player sent off.

So a repeat of the 2005 semi, with the potential of a repeat of the final from 2005 too, I'll take that. I also think we're due a result against the Mancs so that could be an interesting game for me. Interesting permutations whoever is in the final.

For the neutral, I wouldn't recommend watching the Liverpool v Chelski games, I fear they will not be an example of "total football" :lol:

Arfie

"We won it five times, we won it five tiiiimes, in Instanbuuuul, We won it five times"
"We'll win it six times, we'll win it six tiiiimes, in Ancient Greece, we'll win it six times" :hooray:

And interestingly enough, 3 of the semi finalists in the men's European cup are English too:

Leicester Tigers
London Wasps
Northampton Saints

And Llanelli Scarlets makes up the 4, so an all English and Welsh affair for the Rugger.

If like myself you had to sit through that 90 mins last night against Boro you can already see how much the red boys minds are already on the big tie with chelsea next week. With Essien missing I just think that we have a great chance away from home and we must score a goal.

PS) ::coughs:: Well done the mancs, brilliant v the Romans ::coughs:: :shifty:

WHAT A NIGHT!!

I still can't speak, my head still hurts but I can't stop smiling. We've got to a european cup final for the second time in three years, amazing achievement. The atmosphere was unbelievable. Every player ran their heart out for the badge and we got what we deserved. Like we've been singing for the past 18 months.....it's on loan, it's only on looooooaaan, in ancient Greece, we'll bring it back home. 8)

Looks like they peaked too early.

:rofl:

Sorry, I shouldn't laugh

:rofl:

but I can't help it :lol:

At least they'll be able to hypothesise about how they would have beaten us, if only they were good enough to get past the semi finals :rofl:

Arfie

Gutted, as a neutral would have loved an all english final. Ah well, gonna be heck of a lot easier for the L'pool fans to get over there now (and cheaper i suppose) but playing Milan is a worry, they completely bossed Manu last night. Mascherano is the man it hinges on i think, if he can control Kaka you may have a chance. Good luck scousers!

Gutted, as a neutral would have loved an all english final. Ah well, gonna be heck of a lot easier for the L'pool fans to get over there now (and cheaper i suppose) but playing Milan is a worry, they completely bossed Manu last night. Mascherano is the man it hinges on i think, if he can control Kaka you may have a chance. Good luck scousers!

I wouldn't say easier to get over there. Currently i'm looking at £725 return flight and I think the ticket will be £135. And thats if I get my holiday off from work and ring the airline in time. Still, all worth it. :good:

Most reactions

Back