Esha 2000 for soaking food

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tuydark

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was wondering if I could soak the fish food in esha 2000 and then give to them as a way of not having to treat the whole tank, since I only have one fish that´s sick, and I have a ton of plants, clams and snails? I dont have a quarantene tank and the fish are discus, one of em came damaged from the fish store and the guy blames it on me, go figure... The fish is eating moving around with the others doing everything normal except for swimming, he seems to have a swimming bladder problem which he compensates by swimming franticly you know (hes been like this for a whole week since i got him, it hasnt gotten any worse), I just dont think its worth it to treat a whole tank when the one fish thats "sick" might just be genetically inferior. and pllsssss dont tell me I have to use metro cause esha is just fine.. I´ll also be adding some salt

Hey guys, I was wondering if I could soak the fish food in esha 2000 and then give to them as a way of not having to treat the whole tank, since I only have one fish that´s sick, and I have a ton of plants, clams and snails? I dont have a quarantene tank and the fish are discus, one of em came damaged from the fish store and the guy blames it on me, go figure... The fish is eating moving around with the others doing everything normal except for swimming, he seems to have a swimming bladder problem which he compensates by swimming franticly you know (hes been like this for a whole week since i got him, it hasnt gotten any worse), I just dont think its worth it to treat a whole tank when the one fish thats "sick" might just be genetically inferior. and pllsssss dont tell me I have to use metro cause esha is just fine.. I´ll also be adding some salt
The ESHA 2000 contains copper, so it's highly likely it will kill your snails. It doesn't affect plants at all (not sure about a clam). As for adding it to food, I don't think that will work, as it needs to be in the water column. I don't think that there is any way to properly dose food with a med like that. I have used it successfully in my tank a few times, and even if the fish aren't showing any signs of illness, it's a relatively mild treatment as far as meds are concerned. But it will likely kill your snails, so if you have no hospital tank, the best you could do is try and move the snails into another container while you treat the whole tank, and then after you finish run carbon and do a massive water change, reintroduce the snails and hope. That's what I did with my snails the second time I used it, and they were fine.

The ESHA 2000 contains copper, so it's highly likely it will kill your snails. It doesn't affect plants at all (not sure about a clam). As for adding it to food, I don't think that will work, as it needs to be in the water column. I don't think that there is any way to properly dose food with a med like that. I have used it successfully in my tank a few times, and even if the fish aren't showing any signs of illness, it's a relatively mild treatment as far as meds are concerned. But it will likely kill your snails, so if you have no hospital tank, the best you could do is try and move the snails into another container while you treat the whole tank, and then after you finish run carbon and do a massive water change, reintroduce the snails and hope. That's what I did with my snails the second time I used it, and they were fine.
yeah well the thing is, esha has previously stunted my plants badly (with half dosage), and its only one discus, the other 4 are just fine,and he is too !! he just dont swim right but he eats like a pig abd swimms with the others, I have kuhliis which dont have scales, and esha can be harsh on them, also I dont want to make the other discus who are doing juust fine go through the whole treatment, you think only salt will do the trick ?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back