Epsom Salt In The Uk.

Unfortunately my Betta passed away sometime last night. He is now buried in the back garden :(

I can't help but think that it was some kind of internal bacterial infection.

Thanks for you help.
AW

Sorry to hear that. I lost one last week with the same symptons. I believed that it was constipation, the fish never lost his appetite.

Do you have any other fish in the tank? It would be worth making sure that nothing else comes down with the infection. Sadly it is bettas that usually pick up these things first.

Unfortunately my Betta passed away sometime last night. He is now buried in the back garden :(

Thanks for you help.
AW

Sorry to hear that. I lost one last week with the same symptons. I believed that it was constipation, the fish never lost his appetite.

Do you have any other fish in the tank? It would be worth making sure that nothing else comes down with the infection. Sadly it is bettas that usually pick up these things first.

Hey sorry to hear about your loss as well, I hate losing fish that you become especially attached to.

I don't know what caused it to be honest. He was in his tank on his own for a week and then I added 5 Panda Corydoras however I found 1 of them dead a week later with no apparent causes of death. It was a few days later and the Betta started acting very lethargic so I quarantined him and treated with broad spectrum anti-biotics, these cured my goldfish, I then treated with Anti-Fin Rot a week later and then tried Epsom Salt baths in the last 3 days before his death.

If it was the Corydoras that brought an illness to the tank then it was my fault :( The other 4 Corydoras are lovely and healthy at the moment though :S

AW

Thanks for you help.
AW

Hey sorry to hear about your loss as well, I hate losing fish that you become especially attached to.

I don't know what caused it to be honest. He was in his tank on his own for a week and then I added 5 Panda Corydoras however I found 1 of them dead a week later with no apparent causes of death. It was a few days later and the Betta started acting very lethargic so I quarantined him and treated with broad spectrum anti-biotics, these cured my goldfish, I then treated with Anti-Fin Rot a week later and then tried Epsom Salt baths in the last 3 days before his death.

If it was the Corydoras that brought an illness to the tank then it was my fault :( The other 4 Corydoras are lovely and healthy at the moment though :S

AW

You have not put salt in with the corys have you?

I am still trying to work out how my betta got a bacterial infection. Can I ask how you got the anti-biotics? I have been unable to get these in the uk.

Thanks for you help.
AW

AW

You have not put salt in with the corys have you?

I am still trying to work out how my betta got a bacterial infection. Can I ask how you got the anti-biotics? I have been unable to get these in the uk.

No I put the Epsom Salt in the quarantine tank which only had the Betta in it. The Corydoras are in a tank with my 2 Dwarf Gouramis and BN plec and everyone is fine.

I don't actually know if it's anti-biotics, it's Esha 2000.

AW

so sorry you lost your betta. honestly judging from his behavior being normal and him still having an appetite, im almost certain it was severe constipation. as i mentioned in the emergency thread, it CAN look that severe and it can be lethal if there is an impaction.
bettas are very prone to bloat. the fact that they will eat anything and everything doesnt help either (did he like to eat the cory's food? ive had problems with mix tanks and bettas-betta stealing more than his share). we tend to overfeed our fish (even if not on purpose).
if it were bacterial, he be hiding, losing color, loss of appetite. etc. poor man :( very sorry for your loss.
better luck with the next one :)
cheers

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back