Epsom Salt Baths

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

LucyB

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I got some epsom salt (Yaaay!)in an attempt to treat my betta fish (Oscar) with dropsy and I need to know the correct dosage and how long to leave him in the salt bath for.

Some people say like half an hour and other say 3 minutes? Confused! :blink:

I have pics of the epsom salt, so you can see what it says on the packaging. doubt it will be of any help but it can't hurt!

001-9.jpg

002-6.jpg

003-3.jpg

Also, should I be doing daily water changes and daily salt baths? thank you.

Someone PLEASE! I need to do it tonight!! He has dropsy it's urgent! Please :-(

hi again lucy,sorry to hear about your oscar..dropsy is not easy to treat..in all the years that i have kept fish i only ever had one fish with it...so i feel quite lucky..however it never responded to any treatment that i gave it..way back in the 1970s epsom salts was added to a hospital tank a bit at a time until the fish rolled over and then left for 5mins and then remove the fish back to the aquarium...and repeat this for the next few days, this of course may well be the wrong thing to do these days,but as i said dropsy it not easy to treat.but good luck in whatever you do.. :)

Scroll down to epson salt bath.
http://www.petfish.net/articles/Bettas/constipation.php

Thank you LZ - DEN.

I put him in a plastic tank and filled it with about a gallon of water. a quarter from his tank, and 3 quarters new. I added 1tsp and a half and I have put him in for half an hour. whilst I'm waiting I have done a 100% water change on his tank.

well you have made a start lucy and i do hope it works.its a bit of a hit and miss sort of thing,but you maybe lucky. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back