What's new

Vote Now! October 2021 Fish of the Month Contest (Bettas)

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

Vote now for October Fish of the Month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
POLL IS NOW CLOSED
Fish of the Month
:big_boss:
PLEASE VOTE!
We have 7 awesome Bettas entered into October's 2021 Fish of the Month Contest. View all the entries and descriptions below and then go to the top of page - click on your choice for FOTM and then click the "cast" button.

Please DO NOT post any comments about any specific entry in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted. Preferably no posts should be made in this voting topic. This is a public poll so source of votes are viewable. You are allowed to change your vote if you wish.

Please Note:
Any attempt to influence competition results, other than by casting your allocated vote, is not permitted and may result in your entry being removed and / or further action being taken.

The winner is awarded a neat banner in his profile area and will be featured in a Winner Thread for all to see and to comment. The winner also will be added to our FOTM Wall of Fame .

Poll will close on October 31st at 4:47 PM US ET .

Good luck to our entrants in the Fish of the Month contest. We at fishforums.net thank you for your participation.

Last edited:
100_0821.JPG

This is my favorite betta, but he doesn't have a name yet. He is an immature, 1.5 inch long Betta imbellis that was born in my tank. He lives in a home-made, 36" x 10" x 10" tank that is modeled after a Sumatran rice paddy, which he shares with his father, brother, and sister, a school of pygmy rasboras (Boraras maculatus), a school of zipper loaches (Pangio cuneovirgata), and assorted inverts.

Best of luck to all other contestants. May the cutest grump win!

Last edited by a moderator:
1634279298427.jpg

This is my 2 month old Betta Splendens male betta Moses. He lives in a 2-foot walstad method aquarium with 6 neon tetras, 4 of his siblings, goodness knows how many guppies, and 1 panther crab. He may be a baby, but he is a toughie. He was born in the community tank to Rodan(a female red halfmoon betta) and Blue( a male blue crowntail). I later removed the female betta , hence allowing blue to guard the eggs . It is a miracle that Moses survived, as there were so many guppies who could have eaten him in 1 gulp.Ties to moses's "River cruise''. A while back, I accidenally siphoned him out of our tank and he survived once put back in the tank.. Our beloved betta currently eats egg tofu and hikari bloodworms supplemented by random insects.
Best of luck and may the cutest betta win!

Last edited:
20210824_203537.jpg

My veil tail betta, samurai.
Name: samurai

Tank size: 3 gallons, in a month or 2 i will move him to a 5 gallon.

Filter: Zhongshan Huadiwan AP133

Food: aqua one betta pellets.

Eating routine: feeds 2 times a day, with 2 quick days a week.

Water parameters:
Ph: 7.5

Ammonia: 0 ppm

Nitrite: 0.1 ppm

Temperature: 26 degrees celcius.

Test kit: api liquid master test kit.

Heater: krabooz KO16U.

Cleaning routine: 2, 50% water changes a week. Scrubs glass and cleansing filter and plants twice a week.

Personality: he gets all exited when I come up to him, he comes up to the glass and does a little dance, he flaps his flippers in excitement, does not like other fish in the tank, he's a loner.

2021101500221.jpg

Meet Blanco!
Blanco is a Platinum Betta that completely changed my perception of Bettas. I really believed that Betta's just sat there, droopy and doing nothing. I originally only bought Blanco because my mom loves Bettas, but let me tell you, this guy is active and playful and interactive! He has a very distinct personality that he likes to show off as he unfurls his fins and swoops around his tank. Who knew a Betta could be such a character and a charmer?🥰
Tank : 3-1/2 gallon half circle tank
Filter: TetraMin 1 to 5gallon with biofilter
Food: Three Betta pellets or crushed baby shrimp on alternating days.. sometimes switched up with flakes
Plants: Hornwort mostly, but starts off my Java Fern from my other tank, and 3 other plant starts from my other-other tank (anacharis, anubias and something else that's name escapes me)

Screenshot_20211015-144339~2.png

My LED make it so hard to get good pics with my phone haha.

Species: B. splendens.
Type: King Betta.
Tank mates: Otocinclus sp. and C. pygmaeus. Tank size: 6 gallons.
Filtration: Sponge.
Diet: Northfin Bugpro, frozen foods, live insects.

When I originally bought him, he had a significant amount of white patterning, but that peeled and I'm left with a combo of blue and orange now.

2E43E242-DD21-44B0-ADC9-3375DAEA0216.jpeg

This is my newest and most fancy addition to my fishy friends. Bernie.
I only recently got him on a trip to Petco for dog food. He is technically my girlfriend’s fish, but I am responsible for feeding and tank maintenance. She picked him out and named him, I got to keep the 10 gallon tank. Win-win.
He is a halfmoon double tail. I’ve had him about 2.5 weeks now, so he’s still getting used to his surroundings and growing into his personality.
He has some harlequin rasbora for tank mates, as well as a very juvenile albino bnp. (Yes they all have larger tanks waiting for them to be too big for bernie’s tank)
Tank is filtered by an aquaclear 30 as well as a small-medium sponge filter.
Bernie has some plants to cruise around in as well as driftwood, lavarock, and the little round caves you see behind him.
His diet is a mix of pellets, flakes, frozen and freeze dried snacks.

\

20211018_160529.jpg

This is Prince he is a vale tail. His home is a 50l with tropica aqua soil a bonsai with peacock moss on it, s repens and rotala OJ. He is fed frozen food daily. The water temp is at 27deg C. He shares his tank with 5 harlequin rasboras. Tank clean and WC weekly.

End of Entries:
Please slowly scroll up as you review the 7 great entries and then make your choice in the poll at the top of the thread. Be sure to click the CAST button after making your choice.

Our Tank of the Month contest will start accepting entries at the end of this month. For November , we will feature tanks sized at 31 gallons and larger. If you have a tank of that size, we hope you enter the contest.

Thanks for participating in all our contests!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back