🐡 FOTM Vote Now - 🐠 February 2023 Fish of the Month Contest (livebearers)

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Vote Now - February 2023bio Fish of the Month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
POLL HAS NOW CLOSED
fotm-banner-small.jpg

Livebearers
:fish: :fish:

:big_boss:
PLEASE VOTE!
We have 4 awesome Livebearers entered into February 2023 Fish of the Month Contest. View all the entries and descriptions below and then go to the top of page - click on your choice for FOTM and then click the "cast" button.

Please DO NOT post any comments about any specific entry in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted.
You are not allowed to update your entry picture once voting has started.

Please note:
Any attempt to influence competition results, other than by casting your allocated vote, is not permitted and may result in your entry being removed and / or further action being taken. You are not allowed to have friends or family join TFF for the main purpose of voting for you. This is a public poll so source of votes can be viewed.

The winner is awarded a neat banner in his profile area and will be featured in a Winner Thread for all to see and to comment. The winner also will be added to our FOTM Wall of Fame .

Poll will close on February 28th at 4:07 PM ET (US).

Good luck to our entrants in the Fish of the Month contest. We at fishforums.net thank you for your participation.

Last edited:
57003A01-25AA-48E8-A558-165A04B25E92.jpeg

No one’s posted yet so I figured I’d get the ball rolling. This little guy is a 5th or so generation guppy, hailing from my original guppies I bought 2 years ago. He’s still young so his tail isn’t full grown yet, but he’s already showing some lovely coloring. He’s in a male (almost pure) guppy 29 gallon tank. The exceptions being a clown pleco and a Cherry shrimp that got carried in on a plant. I have Japanese trap door snails as my cleanup crew that recently dropped a batch of kiddos that are very cute and tiny.

The little guy has a lil but of scoliosis. If you look closely you can see it, but it’s straightened out as he’s grown. He doesn’t have a name: mostly because after naming the first 100 or so guppies I just got tired lol. But I do know he’s the great great something grandkid of my favorite female guppy that was one of the OG I bought. And I’ve just slowly bred together more and more fish and now I’m getting guppies with nice solid blue bodies! Taken a lot of effort, with more misses than hits. But I’m happy.

guppy2.jpeg

Hexno (guppy)
  • species, age, tank mates, tank size, name you gave it , unique traits, feedings, etc
Hello! This is my guppy (Poecilia Reticulata) named after my online name, "Hexno". He fits the name so well so I just named him that! I believe he is something of a Red dragon Halfmoon dumbo guppy. His dorsal fin is very large but it is not apparent in the photos
He lives happily in an very densely planted 75g with my other Poecilia reticulata, Xiphophorus (Helleri x Variatus and Variatus), Trichopodus leerii, Corydoras (Anaeus and Paleatus), and various types of "pest snail"
He is super energetic, and pretty young, his fins have not fully grown in yet.
He loves to eat, and dance to show off.
I feed them Omega one foods like Shrimp pellets, freeze dried blood worms, freeze dried brine shrimp, frozen brine shrimp, San Francisco Bay frozen blood worms, Hikari Micro pellet and Hikari fancy guppy, and many other things that I feed less that I cannot remember clearly.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_0834.jpg

This is one of my wild variatus platy species (Xiphophorus variatus Tampico). Just picked one out of the tank. It's an adult male. The amount of black and the hue of yellow also differ per individual specimen.
It's a platy breed that you won't find at an average lfs. But the black won't cover the whole body. It's mostly the lower part of the body that's covered in black.
As most members know, I do have a huge interest in keeping wild livebearer specimens. So, this will be my entry this time...

Last edited by a moderator:
F6C2593F-3D2D-41FC-9948-C5E794B96FEF.jpeg
This is my guppy Bee I do not know what breed or coloration his ancestors Had because I got him from our local pet store which is amazing as you can see he has those amazing luminescent patterns on his side and just so you know this image took 20 minutes of waiting for the right position to take this 😆 I feed him the tropical tiny fish flakes and he lives in a 10 gallon with his 2 brothers and 5 mystery snails i hope to breed him with another pretty female to get more of his patterns because they are stunning when the light catches in the right place😊 he’s very energetic when it comes to food but he also likes to hide in the plants 🌱 and try’s to catch the algae wafers when I drop them in for the snails /chases after them as fast as his little guppy tail can take him.

Last edited:
The entry period has closed today. The winner will soon be announced in a separate Winner's thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back