Eneven floor, after some quick help:)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Discus_phil

Reaction score
So the new tank arrived and it’s all positioned and ready to go , the tank is sitting level and I have a pad between the glass and the top of the cabinet, now the floor is slightly rippled so would you be placing packers under the cabinet to take the pressure- it’s a 5 ft 450litre so will be pretty heavy ...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 54
What a great looking tank, but before you load it w/water may I suggest that you move the tank forward away from the wall to create working space bwt the tank and wall, 4-5 inches. This will allow for things like tubing, hoses, HOB filters and electrical wiring. Oh and since you have such nice flooring maybe add a carpet or some other flooring to protect the original flooring, water happens. Take care and I hope you will post pics of the finished set up. Good Luck

cheers DanC

I recently had a similar problem. My cabinet had 8 feet on it so I packed out each one as necessary to make it level. I used a spirit level to start and monitored it as I filled it. My flooring is LVT and I used LVT offcuts to pack it. If your cabinet doesn't have feet then you need to make sure you don't inadvertently concentrate the weight in one place in case it's not built to take the stress in that area.

Some great suggestions so far and I agree, beautiful tank and cabinet!

I would probably go for a carpet or rubber mat underneath to pad the load, but either way probably works just as well!

And keep in mind as you add stuff to the tank (rocks, etc), you will want to check for levelness at every step.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back