Empty 10 Gallon Tank

heymickey94

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi I have a spare 10 gallon tank and some spare stuff laying around and I'm thinking of using it to breed killis. I have the following to use to set up this tank:

-spare 10 gallon tank that holds water (will need a cover + light)
-3 substrates sand,light blue gravel, black gravel (please recommend one)
-2 25 watt heaters(will only use 1)
-a cool red background
-a sturdy black table to use as a stand
-tons of fake plants! Every kind you can think of
-slate rocks
-a fake mill bubbler decoration
-a fake skeleton bubbler decoration
-a couple other fake looking decorations
-filter:haven't bought one yet

I have all real looking tanks, so I thought that I would set up a fake looking 10 gallon tank. Please let me know if this tank is appropriate for breeding killis. Thank you

Tank decor for breeding killifish is pretty sparse.
Bare bottom (no substrate) with tight fitting lid/hood.
1x sml air driven sponge/polyfilter
1x heater/stat
No lighting or if you wish to use a light the provide live plant cover such as Salvinia.
Background = Black.

Give me more info on what species of Killifish you wish to breed (or if you are a beginner the should I recommend one)
In order to finish the breeding setup to suit that particular species. (they do vary according to Annuals, Semi Annuals, Non Annuals, Peat Spawners, Peat Divers & Plant spawners)
Regards
BigC

I just looked to see what else I have for filters and I found 2 plastic box like things with a pump coming out of them, what kind of filter is this? and yes I am a beginner.

They sound like corner box filters which connect to an airline then to an airpump.
I would not suggest using these in a breeding setup as the male constantly drives the females to spawn and they may well get trapped behind on of those. Sponge filter is best.

Ok. Thank you. Which killifish do you recommend for me that is easy to breed, good for a beginner and colorful? Thank you.

Fundulopanchax gardneri nigerianus sp.

Most reactions

Back