Emergency! Suspect Disease

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

chiara

Reaction score
Hi there,
since a couple of days I have started to see little white bumps, looking a bit like lots of tiny blisters all over my Gourami's skin and fins. Today I noticed that my angel fish also have it on their fins. Please help me to save them! What kind of disease could it be? Can I treat them or they will die?

Sounds a bit like whitespot, it is treatable! Just head over to the emergencies section ASAP. Theres alot of info there on treatment :) Good luck!

Sounds a bit like whitespot, it is treatable! Just head over to the emergencies section ASAP. Theres alot of info there on treatment :) Good luck!

Yup...AKA "Ich".

Hey SJ2K...did you ever find your other cory??

Nope, updated that topic :( Just...gone? lol, I wont count it as my first fatality, doesnt count if they just dissapear off the face of the earth!

Ta for asking though :)

Nope, updated that topic :( Just...gone? lol, I wont count it as my first fatality, doesnt count if they just dissapear off the face of the earth!

Ta for asking though :)

Darn it, I've been hoping it's magically reappeared by now. Sure is a mystery.

No, definitely don't count it as a death, you haven't viewed the body...I'd chalk it up to witchcraft like you said in another post! ;)

In no way is it Ich, it sounds more like cauliflower disease (lymphocystis.) The fish appears to have raised large (bigger then Ich) white bumps, that are normally clump together, looking like cauliflower. Sound more like it? Or way off? Either way, it is viral, and can't be treated with medication. It mainly effects cichlids, and gourami, and fish like barbs, rasboras, tetras, etc. can not get it. This disease is normally triggered by stress, so the best way to treat it, is to find out what is causing the stress and eliminate it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back