Ember Tetra Body Is Cloudy

Blobfish

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Not an emergency as such but I noticed today that one of my Ember Tetras body is cloudy white where it is usually pretty transparent, either side of the spine.  There are 10 all together and the others all look normal.  The fish in question is showing no other signs of being ill.

Any ideas?

Fading color is often a sign of stress. Tetras in general tend to compete for a place in the pecking order so the fish on the losing end of that can often show signs of stress. If the fish work it out and with 10 them I'm guessing they will, the fish will soon adapt and be fine. Fading color is also a sign of illness so it's something to keep an eye on for other symptoms. 

Thanks tcamos.  I wouldn't say that the colour is faded, just that the transparent parts have gone opaque but you could be right about it being about pecking order.  Water parameters are great (0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 5 nitrate) and the tank is understocked at the moment (the only other fish are 4 corydoras and 2 farlowellas) so it shouldn't be environmental.

Most reactions

Back