Em I Overstocking My Tank?

s007

Fish Crazy
Joined
Apr 5, 2008
Messages
316
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
London - Kentish Town, UK
I have a 260 Liters/60 UK gall planted tank (as seen in signature) its size; 103cm long x 62cm high x 45cm wide.

At the moment i have 9 Discus:
4 large about 4.5" - 5"
3 medium about 2.5" - 3"
2 small about 2"
2 small Convicts 1"
6 Neons

If im overstocking then ill stop here but if bioload is fine then is it possible for me to change those 6 neons to 25 Cardinal tetras instead?
Because of Discus i do water changes 2-3 times a week (usually 3 times) of about 25%-30%

Thanks
 
you need to remove the convicts, as they grow they will become much too aggressive to be kept with your other fish.
Also once they mature, 9 fully grown Discus will be too much for the tank.
 
So if i remove 2 convicts and 6 neons there is no way you would agree on adding 25 cardinals? Then id have 9 discus and 25 cardinals.
 
I agree that discus alone will be too much for a tank of that size, i wouldnt advise putting anything else in, and would sugest removing some of the fish, especially the convicts.
 
That's a really gorgeous looking tank set-up you have there! Beautiful!

I echo the advice given above though...

Athena
 

Most reactions

Back
Top