Elocharis Acicularis Dwarf Hairgrass

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

nicklfire

Fishaholic
Reaction score
i been looking for a good carpet plant for a while always interested in dwarf hairgrass... Is Elocharis acicularis the specie that george uses on his nano one...

i want a dwarf hairgrass that speads nicely and only gets to a certain hight... around 2.5 - 3 inches?

any recommendations

Hi from what ive been told dwarf hair grass is a very nice forground plant, but some of my friends says it can spread amongst the other plants and if you try to pull it up the other plants tend to come with it and makes quite a mess but personally i have not used this plant. regards john

also it can be used to anchor riccia down .

mini dwarf hairgrass from greenline. but it will grow as tall as it wants unless trimmed...you let it grow a bit taller than you want and then trim it down to 2inches and it will bulk out. i ordered loads which arrives tomorrow :D so i will take a few pics tomorrow nite when i get it planted

Yes, it is Eleocharis Acicularis that George used in his nano.
I would say Eleocharis Parvula is more adapted to do a foreground carpet as it stay low and don't need to be trimmed.
The Eleocharis Acicularis is better as a middle ground plant. The only difference apart the height is the way they grow, the Acicularis grow strait and the Parvula tend to bend a bit.
I put a picture that I took this afternoon will make more sense than by bad English. In the foreground is Parvula, in the middle ground between the tennelus and the wood is Acicularis (if you look closely). I trimmed it last week but it grow to the height of the wood on the right (at the back is Eleocharis Vivipara).

27-06-07010.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back