Electricity costs

bloozoo2 said:
Mine's about exactly the same as yours - but we also have 2 x 24 hour servers and 2 other pc's (and all the gadgets that go with them) on most of the time. Not bad me thinks....
[snapback]843592[/snapback]​

About exactly, what does that mean???? Either its about the same or its exactly the same.
Surely cant be both..... :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
 
@ Mum and Dads We Pay a Fixed rate with powergen Unlimited Units of Usage Per Month.
£57.00 per Month Gas and Electricity Combined.

If the Named Bill Payer is Over 60 then Give Powergen a Call, they Have a Fixed Rate Monthly System.

We can Use as much as we Like, But Cannot Have a Jacuzzi/Hot tub/Sauna/Pool Installed - I think these were the Only Conditions. Oh and There have to more than 4 Permanent Residents withint the Household.

HTH.
 
Dangerousdan said:
bloozoo2 said:
Mine's about exactly the same as yours - but we also have 2 x 24 hour servers and 2 other pc's (and all the gadgets that go with them) on most of the time. Not bad me thinks....
[snapback]843592[/snapback]​

About exactly, what does that mean???? Either its about the same or its exactly the same.
Surely cant be both..... :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
[snapback]843943[/snapback]​
haha - I was going to same "mine's about the same as yours" and then in midsentence I though "it's exactly the same" - so it became "about exactly the same" ;) :D
 
Paul_MTS said:
there's not alot of things left on during the day that don't need to be, my mums a saving freak.

Maybe there's something going a drift in our system.

I'ved only currently got 3 tanks and 2 viv's.

i have 2x 300W, 3x 150W, 1x50W heaters. about 10 4ft light tubes on most the time, then a few pumps to run the tanks.
[snapback]843735[/snapback]​


What sort of set up do you have on the vivs? If your running basking bulbs and UV tubes then i would have a guess that these are where a lot of your power consumption is going.

When we got our last bill it was around £300 for the quarter and that was running 10 tanks and two vivs.
 
There's not too much power going out on them, 1 has a 100W basking lamp and the other is a 75W IIRC.

then 2x 30" tubes and 1x 18" . Soon the smaller one will shut down as there moving back in together, but then soon after that my custom viv will hopefully be completed running 2 100W lamps and 2 4ft tubes.
 
A 100w basking bulb uses a hell of a lot of power, we have a 100w light upstairs in hallway to provide light all the way down the stairs as there is no light in the entrance way and when its switched on the dials on the electricity meter spin like crazy.
 
bloozoo2 said:
Dangerousdan said:
bloozoo2 said:
Mine's about exactly the same as yours - but we also have 2 x 24 hour servers and 2 other pc's (and all the gadgets that go with them) on most of the time. Not bad me thinks....
[snapback]843592[/snapback]​

About exactly, what does that mean???? Either its about the same or its exactly the same.
Surely cant be both..... :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
[snapback]843943[/snapback]​
haha - I was going to same "mine's about the same as yours" and then in midsentence I though "it's exactly the same" - so it became "about exactly the same" ;) :D
[snapback]844113[/snapback]​

Glad you see it in the funny context it was intended.
I am a pis* taker but no offence is ment to anyone. Well done Bloozoo. :P

As for Paul MTS
I told you, your family dont like you so they double the bill and charge you it so they live for nothing......cunning.
:rofl: :rofl: :P :P :rofl: :rofl:
 
bugger and i'm thinking about breeding the things which will use even more basking lamps...

think I need to do some serious thinking :/

wouldn't a 100W bulb use comparative ammounts of power as 4x 4ft flourescent tubes above my 4ft tank?
 
Paul_MTS said:
bugger and i'm thinking about breeding the things which will use even more basking lamps...

think I need to do some serious thinking :/

wouldn't a 100W bulb use comparative ammounts of power as 4x 4ft flourescent tubes above my 4ft tank?
[snapback]845106[/snapback]​

nope, from how i understand it, floresent tubes are not that rated wattage at 240V they use a balast that up's the voltage to loads (12000V??) so the floresent tubes are far more economical that indandessant :)
 
As I refuse to pay some french blokes wages, I am with Scottish and Southern. They may not be the cheapest, but they are very good with their estimates and I have not been stung with any excess bill yet. I am usually in credit. I pay £50/month for electricity and £70/month for gas. I have taken these levels over from my previous property which was badly insulated and also had my unemployed BF living with me. He has now moved out and I am in a different house, so I will stick with these levels for 1 year and see where they go from there. The new house is Victorian, but has Loft insulation and double glazing and we are running energy saving bulbs everywhere. (I hate the horrid light they produce though - so cold, yuck - I am starting to spend a fortune on candles). Also the TV is no longer on all day and the heating only comes on in the evening now.

The rainy summer has had a very big impact though, as the dryer is running every day. Normally I save quite a bit of electricity over the summer by not needing it. My fridge is about 100 years old, but I can't afford a new one. I wish I could.
 
Did you really mean to post on a thread which has been inactive for over 3 years?


oops - didn't see that, probably not, but withe the recent energy price hikes, it might be time to revive this one....
 

Most reactions

Back
Top