Electric Went Out For A Few Hours, Now Fish Is Sick.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

n3ont3tra

Lets go Flyers
Reaction score
Okay hi guys. Last night my electric went out for about five hours. When I woke up, I checked out all my fish to make sure they were okay, but I couldnt find my 'big hawk', who is always the first one to greet me. It took a few minutes until he finally revealed himself behind a rock, gasping for air. He has a small white patch on his mouth. Something's not right. He's never afraid of me but now he wont even come out into the open, even for food. All the other fish are fine. Please help

Tank is 37 gallons
1 midas blenny
1 sixline wrasse (just added tuesday)
1 clownfish
2 flame hawkfish (mated pair, larger one is sick.)

All the other fish are fine, no symptoms at all.

Testing the water now.

To add to the urgency.. I'm leaving in an hour to go to my dad's. I'll have internet access there, but I'll be there until Tuesday. My my will take care of the tank. But she can't do that much.

I need posts, now!
Thank you.

Tested for ammonia which was zero. I really don't have time to test anything else, I have to pack.

Ouch, yeah, increasing gas exchange is what you really need to do, that and cross your fingers. Not much else to do sadly

gutted, i had a powercut not long back and the tank was freezing. Took a couple of days to look right again

My mom emailed me and said hawk was swimming around like normal but still has the white on it's mouth so I hope he's getting better.

I understand your worrying! I was woken the other day by my Mum, had a powercut in the night and was out when she woke still. It took 2 days for the water to become clear again. Hope hawk gets better!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back