Electric Blue acara

Benji k

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Should I put Indian almond leave in my electric blue acara tank and we’re are they from so I can see what they like this is the tanks hours I add some almond leaves do they like lower ph
D3008DAD-2E1F-46C2-990C-D130E653620B.jpeg

I love electric blue acaras! Attached is a photo of mine from a couple of years ago.
They are a man-made creation but originally come from Central America, South America and Trinidad. They are used to streams, lots of plants, and like to be protected from the sunlight.
6-7.5ph.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_211c.jpeg.JPG
    fullsizeoutput_211c.jpeg.JPG
    383.2 KB · Views: 11
I love electric blue acaras! Attached is a photo of mine from a couple of years ago.
They are a man-made creation but originally come from Central America, South America and Trinidad. They are used to streams, lots of plants, and like to be protected from the sunlight.
6-7.5ph.
What plants do you think they like this is the tank they are in do you think I should add some Indian almond leaves I love yours

Attachments

• 8DB1BCFE-370E-4A28-A3D7-17E9792409F9.jpeg
    8DB1BCFE-370E-4A28-A3D7-17E9792409F9.jpeg
    264.7 KB · Views: 11
6-7.5ph.
Should I put some Indian almond leaves in and I have these 3 foods what’s the best

What plants do you think they like this is the tank they are in do you think I should add some Indian almond leaves I love yours
I’m in no way an expert and others on this forum are, so I’ll leave it to them! I kill off plants just by looking at them, it seems, but I remember I get one from a bulb that my acara enjoyed. Good luck, Benji!

Should I put some Indian almond leaves in and I have these 3 foods what’s the best
Acaras are omnivores and mine would eat anything, from cooked shelled chopped peas to small bits of steak. I had a pair and they spawned a few times, too - so have a broad leaf somewhere for her eggs if you’re planning to do that. I only knew mine had laid when I put my hand in the tank to clean and the male started head-butting me; I had been close to the eggs, and he was not happy.
Tank size is important - 30 gallons for one acara and then +15 gallons for each additional one. I think I remember yours being large?

Acaras are omnivores and mine would eat anything, from cooked shelled chopped peas to small bits of steak. I had a pair and they spawned a few times, too - so have a broad leaf somewhere for her eggs if you’re planning to do that. I only knew mine had laid when I put my hand in the tank to clean and the male started head-butting me; I had been close to the eggs, and he was not happy.
Tank size is important - 30 gallons for one acara and then +15 gallons for each additional one. I think I remember yours being large?
Yeah I have a Lilly for them to lay ther eggs on and I have bristlenose in the tank they can eat zuchini from them

No you don't need Indian almond leaves or any other dead leaves in the tank for them.

Just feed them well on a variety of dry, frozen and live foods and keep the tank clean. They will breed when conditions are good and they are mature.

No you don't need Indian almond leaves or any other dead leaves in the tank for them.

Just feed them well on a variety of dry, frozen and live foods and keep the tank clean. They will breed when conditions are good and they are mature.
Do you think they will eat my bristlenose fry

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back