Eheim External Filters In Dorset Filters

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Number 1 Jasper

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Can any one please tell me where in dorset ( or southampton / bournemouth ) sells Eheim external filters ? both my LFS don't , one says they dont because they cant get spare parts ( southern aquaitcs boradstone )

the other says they can order eheim in in 2 weeks ( maidenhead aquatics wimbourne )
obviously i want to see one before i buy the damn thing & check filter media etc is easily available !!! :/

Just buy online :good:

Charterhouse Aquatics are probably one of the cheapest. And if you are a PKF subscriber I think you get a futher discount.

Otherwise just do a google and see what comes up if you're looking for a specific model. And shop around for the best deal. You can often save quite a bit if you just take your time and browse around a bit.

Sounds like your lfs aren't too helpful. But luckily most eheim parts (if you ever need) are easily available and certainly online too.

Again in terms of media - you'll only ever need to replace some filter floss once in a blue moon. You can buy the specific Eheim pads online or just by a normal bag of filterfloss at your lfs. I know you might want to see the actual filter beforehand, but failing that buy online.

Just buy online :good:

Charterhouse Aquatics are probably one of the cheapest. And if you are a PKF subscriber I think you get a futher discount.

Otherwise just do a google and see what comes up if you're looking for a specific model. And shop around for the best deal. You can often save quite a bit if you just take your time and browse around a bit.

Sounds like your lfs aren't too helpful. But luckily most eheim parts (if you ever need) are easily available and certainly online too.

Again in terms of media - you'll only ever need to replace some filter floss once in a blue moon. You can buy the specific Eheim pads online or just by a normal bag of filterfloss at your lfs. I know you might want to see the actual filter beforehand, but failing that buy online.

Once again BLOO thanks :) :good:

hi,
im buying from someone on ebay who has a shop and only has filters and such, also his rating is over 1000,
you can get some people on ebay who you would rather not buy from but if they have good feedback and you can save lots of cash its worth it. :good:

hi,
im buying from someone on ebay who has a shop and only has filters and such, also his rating is over 1000,
you can get some people on ebay who you would rather not buy from but if they have good feedback and you can save lots of cash its worth it. :good:

depending an size you may find these guys will do you a good deal.

If you get one from Aqua Essentials or Aquatics Online (and most similar reputable online stores probably), they dont charge ANY delivery on orders over £50, which I think is brilliant. They are boh very quick off the mark as well. :)

Aquatics online is hugely expensive :crazy: and you can almost always find a better deal elsewhere. Admittedly they have a great range, but I'm not keen buying from them when there are more competitive prices elsewhere.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back