Eel wont feed

lilegolasgurl

New Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I just moved my tank, and I decided to fast my eel for 2 day to let the filter reistablish. I went to feed him tonight and he wont touch his food. Normally he is a very active feeder and I am very worried. He is 2' long and I feed him about 10 large shrimp a day/every other day. Is there anything that might trigger a stronger feeding responce? O... I'm treating him with melifix the prevent infection, could this be affecting him?
 
Moray eels dont take to be moved very well and it could take a few weeks before it feeds again, but dont worry as long as the eel previously fed well and is healthy they can go a very long time without food.
Just keep offering food every other day, prefferably by hand so that if it doesnt take it it doesnt pollute the tank, and eventually it will start feeding again.
 
Thats good to know, I was worried I would lose my last surrviving fish. I'll keep trying to feed him everyother day then.
 
When I bought my morays they didn't start feeding for atleast a week then a month down the line 1 of them stopped eating for about 4-5 weeks, then all the mollies that were in there disapeared a few days later he was feeding again.

Would love to see some pictures of yours if you can?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top