Eel Compatability:

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Wonderboy

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Can 2 tire track eels (3" each) room with 1 fire eel (also 3")?

~ Wonderboy!

For now, they are in my planted 20 US gallon, but as soon as they get around 5", I will put them into my 80 US gallon.

For now, they are in my planted 20 US gallon, but as soon as they get around 5", I will put them into my 80 US gallon.

Seems to small for three eels they my fight you could try it and if it doesn't work out put two or all in your 80. Someone else should have better advise soon. Just my two cents.

Seems to small for three eels they my fight you could try it and if it doesn't work out put two or all in your 80. Someone else should have better advise soon. Just my two cents.

Yes, I know it seems small, but it's very densly planted and has multiple pieces of driftwood, so, I'm hoping...

Theres only one way to truly fined out and that is to give it a try, at least you have another tank if things turn ugly. Make sure to keep a good eye on them! Good luck! :good:

Those eels get pretty big! Have you seen canes fire??? gotta be atleast 15" MINIMUM, he's got his in a 110gallon, the 20's not near big enough for them even at a small size IMO, I'd say 2 could fit in the 80gallon max... yet again just my opinion

mines about 19" and i have seen bigger i think CFCs is close to 2 feet long
as far as i know tyre track eels get even bigger than fire eels
so obviously when you have 3 eels that should eventually reach 2ft long each 80usg is not nearlly enough room imo
there are other eels that dont grow as large that would be fine in your 80 :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back