Dying Gouramis

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

saxxy

Reaction score
A couple of months ago, I bought a pair of dwarf gouramis. I introduced them to my tank after 30 minutes floating them and they seemed fine. They were fine when I fed the fish later that night and turned the light out. The next morning one of them was acting weirdly and seemed to be struggling to stay upright. -_- A few hours later it was dead, closely followed by the other one a couple of hours later. :-( I took them back to the shop, and they said they had not had any problems but they would replace them for me. :) I did exactly the same with the new pair, but this time they died within 8 hours, :angry: at this point I gave up as I couldn't get back to the shop within the 48 hour time limit thing. All my other fish are fine, and I have recently added 6 guppies which I've had no problem with. At the time I had:
1 male betta
3 silver tip tetras
1 panda corydoras
1 leopard corydoras
2 female swordtails
1 male swordtail

Can anyone shed any light on why this happened? I've not had any trouble before or since (my betta and 1 tetra died of old age). Any help would be much appreciated

Since you said you had fish die of old age, I'm going to assume you're aware of what the cycle is, and that it's important to fish health. Do you have a test kit? Whenever any fish is showing signs of stress, or dies, everyone on this board will immediately ask you for your water parameters so you might as well have them ready! :p What are your ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, and pH? Ammonia and nitrites are the most important, though the others may be handy too. Also, what size tank do you have? Anyways, have you bought fish from this shop before? It's possible that the pH in the store's water is radically different from yours, and they are suffering from pH shock. However, that's doubtful if you've bought other fish from them which have survived. Good luck, and we'll try to help you more once if we can get some more info!

What are your specs please give more info nitrates, nitrites, ammonia etc...pH.. Please more info

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back