Dwarf Russian Hamster Is ill

bigfish

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hiya im a newbie to russian dwarf hamsters, i currently have 4 hamsters (2 boys and 2 girls) I have had them a month. And i have noticed that my white dwarf hamster is ill, or i think is ill.

> Hasn't eaten in the last 24 hours that i have witnessed
> Stop playing on her wheel which she use to love
> When she is awake she is very unstable on her feet
> Lost little bit of weight (but that could be due lack of food)
> She has been very quiet for the last 24 to 36 hours.

Wonder if someone could help me?

Please i don't want me hammy baby to die.

Hi bigfish, :)

I'm glad to see that you are getting some good help here. :nod: I hope your little feller is feeling better soon.

BTW, :bday:

Well if you have males and females.... she might be going into labor

Hi!

Wet Tail is the fatal or near fatal disease in hammies. If u check out the link I gave u in ur PM, u'll know and hopfully it's not what she has. Are all hammies in the same cage? As Auratus said, she might have babies and depends on how old she actually is, she might be having difficulties of carrying the babies/labour. Did she rearrange the beddings b4 she got ill? Or getting aggressive towards others?

Their conditions can deteriorate very quickly, so if she doesn't improve, get her to a vet. Won't cost much, an appointment generally costs £10-13, but finding a good vet is difficult. U can find a better vet here: http://www.any-uk-vet.co.uk/ or here: http://www.findavet.org.uk/

You can also use her favourite food to tempt her to eat, try using fruits like cranberry, blueberry, apples, grapes (but NO orange or citric fruits) so she can gain some fluids.

Best wishes to u! :flowers:

Thanks everyone for all your help, but unfortunely the little critter didn't make it i did take her to vets and he wasn't sure what was wrong. So he treated her for dehydration and infection so he gave her some fluids and antibotic's but he said that it didn't look good!!!

I got her home and she had died she was stiff as a board and i was so upset as i had only split up with my boyfriend 3 days before and had rescued all my hammies before they came to harm. I buried her in my herb garden. :sad:

How ever i need to draw my addtion to my other hamster who has surpised me with a litter of pups but dunno how many as yet, she's in the process of giving birth. :fun: :hyper:

I knew she was preggers but didn't realise how far along!!!! and the cage needs cleaning.

Most reactions

Back