Dwarf Puffers With A Bristlenose?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

youngfisher

Marine Keeper..
Reaction score
Just wondering if this is possible? And would the plec still be ok if some of my tank was plant carpet.

So would the 2 dwarf puffers be ok with one? As I know in planted tanks there can be a big algea break out. So hopefully it would keep on top of things.
I carnt think of any other fish that will do the job apart from a common plec, but ovb my tank is to small for one.

Would they clean the algea if any was caused, and would they be ok with DP's?

Just wondering if this is possible? And would the plec still be ok if some of my tank was plant carpet.

So would the 2 dwarf puffers be ok with one? As I know in planted tanks there can be a big algea break out. So hopefully it would keep on top of things.
I carnt think of any other fish that will do the job apart from a common plec, but ovb my tank is to small for one.

IMO a pleco might be ok in there short term, but not as lifelong tankmates

firstly I'd say that most DP setups are far too small for a BN, but also the DPs could well constantly nip at it.

Some BNs like my large Male could also quite easily kill a small DP IMO if they (the DPs) were to constantly harass it

Would they clean the algea if any was caused, and would they be ok with DP's?

Hit and miss, some do some dont lol, but ive found BN's can be pretty much the same... but to sum up yes it will probably eat the algae to a certain degree :)

i've found my pitbulls to be better algae eaters than the bn's
not a clue at keeping them with dp's though sowwie

We have 1 BN and 5 DP's in 85L. Water stats are fine, behaviour is fine, it's all good :) Though we did make sure we had somewhere to put Herman the BN incase it didn't work out.

35l too small for sure.

Also no plec is going to eat all your algae, I'd just clean it off by hand as and when needed.

I had a small set-up before I moved which contained 3 dwarf puffers and 3 otto's, they got along fine. The DP's never bothered the oto's at all. Maybe I got lucky, but that was my experience.

I have otos in with my DPs and they've never been pestered at all :D That's all I'd risk in with them though.

Most reactions

Back