Dwarf Hairgrass

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Rlon35

Fishaholic
Reaction score
This is planted in my tank in clumps, though I realize I should have thineed it out and spear it more. At any rate, it is spreading well thus far. It is too long, however. So, here's my question:

Should I trim it down now? Will that aid or prevent spreading. And, when I trim it, can I go as low as I want???

This is planted in my tank in clumps, though I realize I should have thineed it out and spear it more. At any rate, it is spreading well thus far. It is too long, however. So, here's my question:

Should I trim it down now? Will that aid or prevent spreading. And, when I trim it, can I go as low as I want???

I imagine it mows like grass. I wouldn't go too low. How low are you talking?

From what I've read trimming dwarf grass promotes growth. Certainly at the planting stange. You tend to get it to grow out rather that up. I am currently trimming mine, tho that is more to do with removing pesky algae! but the trimming doesn't seem to be doing the grass any harm.

I think I'll cut it down to an inch or so first, then see if I can go even lower...

I think I'll cut it down to an inch or so first, then see if I can go even lower...

What do you want? A putting green? :lol: I always thought that a golf course would be the coolest thing for a Nature style Planted aquarium, but it would have to be a pretty large tank with a big footprint for it to be truely successful.

Seriously, and inch should be fine.

llj

Yeah, you dont really want to obsess over the length of every blade. It all depends on the "effect" you are trying to achieve.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back