Dwarf crayfish?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Jordan_Deus

Fish Crazy
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
While visiting one of my LFS yesterday I saw they had dwarf crayfish (labeled as "small lobsters" lol). I was wondering if these get along with shrimp, tetras, Corys etc? I know their larger cousin the crayfish will kill said fish occasionally.

Sent from my MX4 using Tapatalk

I personally would not keep any sort of crayfish with other bottom feeders, especially shrimp. Mexican dwarfs are supposedly pretty peaceful but I still wouldn't chance it. You can give it a go, I don't really think the dwarfs would be large enough to harm the corries and tetras but any baby shrimp and/or freshly molted shrimp may get eaten.

I personally would not keep any sort of crayfish with other bottom feeders, especially shrimp. Mexican dwarfs are supposedly pretty peaceful but I still wouldn't chance it. You can give it a go, I don't really think the dwarfs would be large enough to harm the corries and tetras but any baby shrimp and/or freshly molted shrimp may get eaten.
Yeah, I agree with what you're saying. I did a little bit more research, the answers to my question are very mixed but it seems shrimp only survive if they have somewhere inaccessible to the crawfish.

Sent from my MX4 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back