Dumb Question.

kj23502

lazy dayz
Joined
Jan 20, 2008
Messages
4,279
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
South Dakota, USA
I've read tons of people using the word Holiday. I was thinking holidays such as, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Christmas and that sort of thing. but people are using that ALL the time :blink: Certainly there can't be that many holiday days in the UK :blink:

Or is that just another word for vacation?
 
As well being from the US I'm not 100% sure but I do believe it is just another way of saying vacation. Maybe someone from for the UK will be able to clear that up for us.
 
OK.... I was thinking that if there are that many celebrated holidays off work....I should move over there :lol:

Thanks every1 for clearing that up!

You're right. Over here we don't say vacation. We say holiday and I'm off on holiday next week! :thumbs:
Well have a good one :D
 
Speaking, theres no such day as holiday, the correct word to say is Recreation OR Tourism, but 9/10 is said Tourism, because its not just going somewhere, To actually be a tourist then you have to spend one night away from home :unsure:
 
Speaking, theres no such day as holiday, the correct word to say is Recreation OR Tourism, but 9/10 is said Tourism, because its not just going somewhere, To actually be a tourist then you have to spend one night away from home :unsure:
Oh, interesting. I'd like to visit the UK someday. A large % of my heritage is from there.
 
Yeah its a nice please, Only problems with UK (in reason) Is pollution and traffic in CBD's (central business districts)
 
Yeah its a nice please, Only problems with UK (in reason) Is pollution and traffic in CBD's (central business districts)

and chavs, and the labour govenment, and the excessive PC-culture. . . . . .
 
Yep, you said it :good:, apart from that, its a nice place
 
Yeah its a nice please, Only problems with UK (in reason) Is pollution and traffic in CBD's (central business districts)
Probably like New York City or San Francisco, California!
i've always heard that a traffic jam in the Dakotas is 2 cars at a stoplight. if that's true i'm jealous

and chavs, and the labour govenment, and the excessive PC-culture. . . . . .
what are chavs? what's a lobour gov't?

and the immigrants...

(dont shoot me) :(
:lol: :lol:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top