Dueling Tetras!

Leedsboi86

Fish Addict
Joined
Aug 7, 2006
Messages
868
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Leeds - United Kingdom
Hey everyone.

Just a quick question hope someone can help,

I have 10 Neon Tetra in my tank with my 2 German Blue Rams.

And one of the Tetra seems to like chasing the others for some reason.

Every so often it will just chase another for no known reason, Doesn't seem to hurt any of them just chases.


Anyone got any ideas?
 
Ive had it with neons before its nothing to worry about. When fish do that it tends to be a little quarrel over food if its happening after feeding or their establishing a pecking order or perhaps one is challenging the other to be top. I have 6 colombian tetra's and they do this alot.
 
hmmmm could be establishing authority, looking to get jiggy with someone LOL.

If the other fish arent bothered and hes not actually doing any damage I wouldnt worry too much. How long have they been in the tank?
 
Its what most animals do. A pecking order is to decide who is top dog among, in this instance the fish. So the male whos top of the pecking order is allowed to mate and sometimes have first dips at food etc. Its basically deciding who is boss.
 
Pecking order just means, they are establishing who is the top fish, if they've only been in for 2 days then I imagine that hes just trying to show whos the boss of the group.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top