Driftwood

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

dirtydogg

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Ok, so I bought true driftwood. It was cheaper, :/ . Almost 2 months later is still won't sink.
What do you do to get it to sink?

lol, this topic comes up at least once a week...

you have several options...

1) purchase some slate (Home Depot has 3/4 inch stuff pretty cheap) drill a small diameter hole in the middle, then screw the piece of driftwood to it... and valla...

2) use fishing line to tie off the wood and attach it to rocks or suction cups in the tank.

3) If you boil the wood enough it will eventually get saturated and sink (theoretically)

I'm sure there's a lot of other ways but those are the approaches I have used successfully. More options will come...

right now I have it pinned down with a rock, but I'd like to have a little more freedom with my aquascaping. unfortunately it's to big to boil :X . I'm just trying to find some other way's around it.

too big to boil?

I bought a 5 Gal pot rather inexpensively (no clue how much) a couple years ago and boil big stuff in it. I do have some stumps that won't fit in it and I'm working out a method to boil them in a metal garbage can over a fire in my back yard. Not sure it will work but sounds like fun trying...

big fat logs... a barrel of water... case of beer, three friends and a fire...

These days that's called a party, lol.

Most reactions

Back