Driftwood Tannins

Joshi39

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Sep 13, 2009
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have posted topics before but i just wanted to ask how long (estimate) would it take before tannins are out fo the wood, for a week i boiled water and soaked it in that until the water stayed clear, well so i thought, than i added it to my aquarium, and not to my surprise the water went a tinge of brown, i have since done a daily water change n the water SEEMS to be clearing but still has the brown colour, how long do yu suppose it would take before the water is clean. Filters cant filter the tannins out correct?? i added chemi pure but it doesnt seem to be working.. cheers
 
it varies vastly sadily

I've seen it clear in a week, I've also seen it take 6 month.
Water changes is the best way.
Carbon will also help but it, but it also removes ammonia which your bacteria in the filter uses, so can resualt in an ammonia spike and a mini cycle once removed.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top