Drawing

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Snailguy101

Moved On
Reaction score
Well I've seem to have taken an intrest in drawing characters funny looking ones and well I wanna know how to draw them well so they look nice but with no special pencils or anything so if you have any tips or sites or drawing to post please do thanks in advace :thumbs:

Its good to hear you've taken an interest into drawing snailguy, drawing is one of my favorite things to do :)

If you want to learn to draw good you have to practice doing it. I started out drawing cartoon characters, then started drawing tattoo designs, and then I got better at drawing and started drawing horses and tigers, I'm still not that good at drawing real objects or animals but if I keep drawing more I know I would be able to :)

So keep practicing and also don't rush your drawings (I have a habit of doing that and it just messes up my drawings completely)

This is a tiger I drew, and I also rushed it. It took me 3 hours to finish but again, if I didn't rush it, it would look 10x better
tiger34.jpg

I'm still into drawing cartoons, I love drawing them. For cartoon characters I don't really think you would need the special art pencils, I think the art pencils are more for shading and such.

Drawing is observation, observation and observation.

Even if you're drawing stuff from your imagination, observing the world around you and how things are 'put together' and how light falls and interacts with three dimentional objects is very very important.

Obviously it depends on what style you chose to use and what your subject matter is, but observation is your friend whatever you do.

As for using 'special pencils', they really aren't important, you can draw with whatever you're comfortable using, I nearly always use a cheap ballpoint pen!

To see what I do, click here

You could Always Download a few manuals on Drawing Characatures.

I know there are some available on Manga Anime Robotics Gunda Etc. so there must be some of the mentioned.

I was watching a childrens program yesterday with my son it's called Art Attack. They had a couple of 8/9 year old ask how do they turn there cartoon Characatures into a comic strip story. They took them to where they make the Beano comic magazine and the artist gave them one tip " Give the caractor a trade mark ID thats always the same, IE: a cape, hat, T-shirt. so it does not matter if the face is not exactly the same you will know who it is by their trade mark.

Think of Bart Simpson, spikey hair, red T-shirt, blue shorts.

HTH

I love drawing. It's so calming. It's always been something that I enjoy doing. I have a lot of artwork on my website at www.lizartwork.bravehost.com, if anyone wants a look.

The best tip I can offer you is patience. Patience is the key to a good drawing, because rushing through it often leads to mistakes.

As for cartoon-y things, I'll ask my boyfriend and get back t'ya on that one. He's done some AMAZING drawings, and I'm going to be forcing him to make a website for them soon.

PS -- This is the kind of thing you can do if you're patient.. I used ordinary drawing pencils [Just for shading and stuff, you can get away with a regular HB pencil if you want, but I like the variety], and good old printer paper.

Attachments

• 1967shelbygt500.JPG
    1967shelbygt500.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 93
WOW :drool: and i thought i was a good drawer.

snailguy101 try drawing manga people there quite easy to draw after you have practised a couple of times :D
good luck :thumbs:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back