Dragonfish tankmates?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mint

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I recently found a pet store selling dragonfish. Anyways, they look really interesting, and I’m considering buying a new tank and putting one in it. Can they go with four-eyes fish? And what kind of midwater schooling fish is large, brackish-water, and big enough to not get eaten? I’m planning to put them in a 55 gallon, so nothing that would outgrow that space.

Last edited:
Ok, now I’m confused. Are there different types of dragonfish? The one I want is gray and…kind of knotty-looking, almost? That one is purple.

Guess I’ll just save this for when I can get a larger tank?

It would help if you could provide the proper name of the variety you're after? Or at least a picture

Just thought I'd point out that the picture is of a juvenile...

The pet shop is really weird, and they don’t actually let you browse their fish in person: they have a website with pictures of their fish. You have to call in to see the fish in person. So I’m pretty sure this is just a random picture off the web that they took.

Attachments

• IMG_2903.jpeg
    IMG_2903.jpeg
    40.7 KB · Views: 27
I’m pretty sure this is also a picture of a juvenile. Looks too small to be full-grown. Or maybe not? They don’t give scientific names for most of the fish. On the website it’s just labeled as a dragonfish with nothing else about it.

As I’ve said, really weird pet shop. Best one in the area for at least a few hundred miles, but…weird.

I think we've all come across a weird fish shop or two :alien:

I'd say by the photo we're dealing with the same specimen, I'm not an expert in brackish fish so maybe someone else can help you...👍🏻

In that case, I’m nixing my plan of getting a dragonfish until I can secure a 100 gallon

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back