Dominance

Juice

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Feb 11, 2008
Messages
178
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
New York City
So I finally came into some money to start adding to my tanks again...

I already got a new filter and heater as you can see (plus picture) in this post: http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=293222

So i have a very understocked tank here its a 15g with 2 tinfoil barbs and 1 tiger barb.

Im pretty sure if i dump some new fish in here the little tiger barb being the little big guy will gnaw all their fins off. What should I do?

Throw some ideas out, help me spend my money :)
 
help me spend my money :)

lol could never ignore a request to spend money!

The best thing to do when you are introducing new fish is to mess the tank up a bit, move things around, put in some new plants & new features, anything that breaks up their territories.

I'm not experienced with barbs, so cant advise on possible tank mates, but I'm sure lots of peeps will be along soon with suggestions soon.
 
So I finally came into some money to start adding to my tanks again...

I already got a new filter and heater as you can see (plus picture) in this post: [URL="http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=293222"]http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=293222[/URL]

So i have a very understocked tank here its a 15g with 2 tinfoil barbs and 1 tiger barb.

Im pretty sure if i dump some new fish in here the little tiger barb being the little big guy will gnaw all their fins off. What should I do?

Throw some ideas out, help me spend my money :)

Rehome the tinfoil barb asap, they grow huge, i have three at 13+inche's and still have some growth left i think....
then maybe you could just have a nice little tiger barb set up
 
Too small for TB's as well IMO, 30g minimum as they can reach 4" and require alot of swimming room.
 
Ah everyone says theyre too big and i gotta move them and stuff. Well I know that because I had 2 before also and when they became too big i brought them back to the store. They grew to be 3 inches and thats when i decided they were too much

Right now theyre not more then 2 inches. I might just get rid of them and do a community tank what do you think?
 
Ah everyone says theyre too big and i gotta move them and stuff. Well I know that because I had 2 before also and when they became too big i brought them back to the store. They grew to be 3 inches and thats when i decided they were too much

Right now theyre not more then 2 inches. I might just get rid of them and do a community tank what do you think?


yes i would rehome then now, the problem is you will without realising stunt there growth which in turn causes health issues and shortens lifespan...yes just set up a nice little community
 

Most reactions

Back
Top