Doesn't play nicely with others

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Moe

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi -
I have 4 tiger barbs, three are striped and one is green. The green one and one of the striped ones fight a lot. They put their heads together and try to push each other or they go head to tail and circle one another. They are not swimming when the do this the two of them :crazy: look like a dog chasing it's tail.

I have a 20 gal tank with 4 guppies, one angel fish, one red tail shark, one catfish, one frog and the tiger barbs. All the other fish are getting along well.

Any suggestions?

Sorry, I don't know what's wrong with them. Are you sure they are bering mean to each other and not playing??

:)
we have 4 green tiger barbs and they like to chase each other alot - they do go head to head and seem to look like they are kissing in a spin, also our biggest one chases the others round, if they arent harming each other - for example ripping each others fins and things, then dont worry too much about it, infact be thankful that they are only picking on each other and not the other fish in your tank, as tigers are known to be very nippy fish, and an angels fins could be fun prey for them.my advice is just keep an eye on them, if they start hurting each other and shredding fins, then start thinking bout moving some.
otherwise they should be ok.
GOODLUCK!

:thumbs:

Starry^

Starry's right, I totally agree. Tiger barbs are just nippy fish! :p If they do end up getting too rough with each other, you could also add at least 2 more. A school of 6 is usually about minimum for schooling fish, which tiger barbs are. This would help spread out the aggression - and it looks like you have enough room to add a few more if you want. Good luck!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back