Does Methylene Blue Treat Internal Parasites?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

stiffler69

Fish Herder
Reaction score
protozoan parasites it states it treats these on the box i pressume this means internal as in the intestines can i use it as a treatment on my fish for internal parasites.

I cant get anything better until monday

Well i have a touch of fin rot on some new fish i bought aswell as having a touch of white spot previously so a half does wont do too much damage to the fish as it will help the fin rot and make sure the white spot has gone for good, then monday ill do a a couple of water changes to completely remove it. wait a few days and start some treatment for the internal parasites hope it will help me out.

Thanks for the quick replys

Rather than Methylene blue, It would be better to try some other medication. It wont help Ich at all and the best treatments against finrot and ich is keeping water quality good. Also, raising the temperature to over 30C or 86F will help get rid of Ich but it will re-appear if the fish are stressed and the water is not good.

Methylene blue is really suited for hospital tanks where it will not harm the biological filter of the main tank as any damage to the biological filter in the main tank can cause many more serious problems then just fin rot and ich.

What is the problem with internal parasites?

Nim

Ive notice two of my platys very subdued and one of them is thinning around the gut area nowhere else they both also have white stringy poo so this is a sure indiciation of the parasite, its going to be monday possible tomorrow before i can get anything to treat them with

Most reactions

Back