Does Any One Do Scrapbooking?.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

is that when you cut stuff out of places and stick it in books?
i used to when i was a kid i guess.

lol, you could say it goes like that lol its were u put photos on the page n decorate it etc, I dont do it (lol) just wanted 2 no if any 1 dun it :S.

Karen.

In the UK, up until recently, a scrap book was pretty much just newspaper clippings and interesting sweet wrappers glued in a book made of cheap coloured paper. Maybe a pressed flower, a cinema or concert ticket stub and the odd photo too. It's very much a kids thing and is usually abandonned in the early teens.

On the other side of the Pond, our American friends have taken the scrapbook to an art-form with unbelievably elaborate design & decoration created by kids and adults alike. Scrapbooking is a full time hobby for some.

This style of scrapbooking in now catching on over here too.

Whilst I would agree in the main that scrapbooking is mainly a hobby ''across the pond''. It is fast becoming popular in this England also .There are now a vast array of materials readily available and whilst I just do cardmaking , I would imagine that many people do both ..It is very time consuming though :).. pebbs

scrap booking is "massive" over here in the uk.... i personally do card making i've looked into doing scrapbooking but I never take enough photos .... i did a beautiful card for a friends 21st birthday and it was a 3 page scrapbook card and on each page there was 7yrs old sally 14 yrs old sally and a recent picture of... sally... and each page had things from the year... music, films, headlines... it was beautiful and really blow everyone away.

ooh and btw scrap booking isn't cheap books of sugar paper with stuff stuck on.... its far far far more advanced then that... unless you're 7 then i'll excuse the mis-conception :0)

kiss kiss
godzuki
xxxxxxx

I know scrap booking can be really great, I've never tried it myself...but it looks very time consuming and I know I haven't got the patience nor the glueing skills.

i googled scrapbooking, and i see what you mean!! HUGE websites about it! this whole scrapbooking underworld i never knew existed. amazing!

i'm with puffer freak though, looks a little too intense for me, i don't think i have the time to fit a whole new obsession into my life right now hehe!

I'd like to try it but i no i'd make a right balls up of it and wreck my photos :'(.

Karen.

You can also just work on copies of your photos, if you're worried about them. But actually with the archival-safe papers and glues, photos would last longer in a scrapbook than in a box. I've done simple scrapbooking, just to put away old photos that I found when I moved. Nothing tremendously creative; just pictures with captions really, some tickets to places seen too. It took longer for me to sort through the pictures than put them in; glad I have because many relatives look through the books when they come visit.

I would actually like to do more scrapbooks and try my hand at making them more creative. Books for my wedding and certain trips would be nice. All my pictures are digital now; so I need to go ahead and get them printed for any future books.

My Mum has been given a scrapbooking pack to start her off for when the baby is born. I must admit I like th idea but I dont know if I have enuff imagination to make more than just a photo album really.

Dont have time at moment anyway, I have too many started and unfinished craft projects cluttering up my house already!

my friend did a scrapbook for her first baby. starting right from the test strip that said she was pregnant to the day he was born and through his baby hood (baby footprints etc), she's super-arty, and the book is awesome!

TONS of silly photos of him, as long as you take hundreds (which is never a problem when babies are concerned) it doesn't matter if a few are cut up and stuck into books!

she was doing scrapbooking but never referred to it as that.

my friend did a scrapbook for her first baby. starting right from the test strip that said she was pregnant to the day he was born and through his baby hood (baby footprints etc), she's super-arty, and the book is awesome!

she was doing scrapbooking but never referred to it as that.

Hmmmm Test strip that said I was pregnant prob not good idea had to wee on it! :lol:

I would love to do that but I am so not that arty!

Have great ideas just hopeless at putting them into teh real world!

Same here Judmacaroni, I'd stard off good and then make a mess get mad ang giv up lol.

Karen.

I'm just no good at glueing...or cutting for that matter.

The arranging is fine for me, I like composition and stuff, it's just the actual cutting and glueing...damn my left handedness!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back