Do You Think This Will Go Smothly?

kribensis12

I know where you live
Joined
Nov 13, 2006
Messages
8,679
Reaction score
593
Points
113
Location
Peoria, Illinois
Well at church today, i met someone who offerd me a 30 gallon high( it might be a 40, not sure), i asked my mom, and she said no, but i can have the fish. So they give me 5 black widow skirted tetra's: http://newton-i.usefilm.com/images/4/1/2/1...5204-medium.jpg
3 black molly's: http://www.fishlore.com/Pictures/Profiles/black_molly.jpg
2 Zebra Danio's: http://www.dkimages.com/discover/previews/743/111751.JPG
1 Sunburst Platy( i think): http://www.neonfisken.dk/includes/picture-...p;maxheight=150
1 Pleco( 1 ft and 3 inches long!): http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview...plecostomus.jpg
1 Bronze Cory( good sized one at that): http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...w=131&prev=

Plus a API Master Freshwater Liquid Test Kit( never had one before!), A breeder( those ones that are made out of like linen or something), a Ph Decreaser, A ick Cure Bottle, Aquarium Saly, and some other stuff. Did I mention that this was for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So i Put them in my 30 gallon with my angelfish and my 2 guppies. I took the Pleco and the cory to superpets( lfs). I knew that the pleco was way to big, adn that cory's needed groups, so i didnt want to make the pleco and cory unhappy. Superpet's offered 10 for the pleco and 2 for the cory, and i accepted. He wrote it down, and then gave me the slip. Just then a man walked in and offered me 15 for the pleco, so i accepted the deal, gave the slip back to the fish room manager, and was happy. So then, Josh( the fish room manager), lost the slip. He looked for and it and couldnt find it. So i was wlking around an di found it. I had a consience debate on if i should keep the 12 and the 15, but i diceided it was wrong and gave him the slip. So them he diced to give me an extra 3 dollars plus the 2 for the cory since i was honest. So, if you have gotten confused, i walked in with a 1ft 3 inch long pleco adn a good sized cory, adn now i have 20 dollars. So then i look around and see some small blood parrots( not the dyed ones) for 5.99 so i asked josh if they would get along with everything else, as they are cichlids. He said since it is just a baby( probably 2 inches at the most), that if it grows up with the others, it shouldnt have a problem. So i got it, then a female black convict for my pink male( in a seperate tank), some O.S.I. Blood Parrot food, Frozen Baby Brine Shrimp, and some Ghost shrimp. After geting all that, i still have 5 dollars which i pocketed. So, i was wondering if this set up will work?

30G Tank:
1 Angelfish
2 Guppies
5 Black Skirted Tetra's
3 Molly's
2 Zebra Danio's
1 Baby Parrot Cichlid
1 Sunburst Platy( i think)

I obviously know it is completely stocked, with no room for more fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

So, do you think this will work? The pic;s arent mine, as my camera is having issues!
Kribensis12
 
It sounds okay... the zebra danios need bigger groups, though, and if they aren't in a group they have a tendency to nip other fish.
 
I was told that parrots only get like 5 inches! I hope i dont have to get rid of him! I have already gotten attached to him( this never happens to me and fish).
 
lmao, google it...you can easily see if it can go in a 30gallon tall, which it can't. Simple google will provide you with the information you'd need to figure out if it can or cannot.
 
Unforturnately your parrot is going to outgrow your tank.

Taken from here: [URL="http://www.geocities.com/parrotcichlid/setup.html"]http://www.geocities.com/parrotcichlid/setup.html[/URL]


<H1>Tank Size
Blood Parrot's can sometimes reach sizes up to 10 inches, so an adequate sized aquarium is a must. I recommend no less than 42 gallons (36Lx18Hx15xW) for 2-3 parrots. Anything smaller just will not do for an adult Parrot Cichlid. These fish need plenty of room to establish territories. Taller tanks don't really benefit Parrots because they tend to hide among the rocks and driftwood on the bottom. The bigger the tank the better. Once you get over a 55 gallon tank, one fish per 10 gallons should be sufficient room for each
</H1>
 
Every site i find, says how they are man -made adn that they shouldnt be sold to the public.
 
Every site i find, says how they are man -made adn that they shouldnt be sold to the public.


They are man made hybrids, any fish that deformed in the wild wouldn't last long. IMO they're ugly, and since I don't believe hybrids should ever leave the home aquarium, I'm not a fan of them, and don't think they should be sold. Too each their own though. :)

I forgot to add, congrats on the great trade in deals you made. And kudos to you for being honest, your situation just proves that honesty pays off in the long run. :thumbs:
 
I think they are kinda pretty, but they sure do have alot of personality. I think i will keep him for now, but if starts to get HUGE, then i will trade him back in the long run. As far as the danio's, i dont really like them that much, so, i didnt want anymore, adn they seem fine with the tetra's, they are schooling with them. I did know they are man made hybrid's, i belive selling them in lfs, as long as the store, correctly labels the fish :fish:
 
I was wondering if you guy's might have any tip's on keeping parrot fish? I want to know everything possible about this fish.
 
Cant get anymore till next week at the earliest. I had a molly die this morning, i tested the water, which came out like this:
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
ph: 7.8
It dosent have a liquid Nitrate so i cant give you that, but i think it was shock, as everything else is fine in the tank.
 
I added some ph decreaser at 4:00 which is supposed to take it down by .2 I put in the amount it said to, i just tested my water an dit went down from 8.0. to 6.0.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!! There is no side affect yet, but im sure they will all die!!!!!!!!!!! Please help!!!!!!!!! The reason i added some was becasue i was told and read that most my fish like water round the 7.0 mark, so that was what i was aming for, but this is just overkill!!!!!!!
 
My Stunning sexy looking male black molly is showing sign's already!!!!!!!!!! He is just sitting still in the water, tail arched down, and moving his fin's slowly!!!!!!!!!!!!! Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top