Do You Talk To Your Fish?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SPLiSH

Bettas are better!
Reaction score
I just got back from school and said to my bettas: 'Now, my mum and Morgan are going out to the doctors' now, but I'll be upstairs.'

:blink: Hang on.... I told my bettas that my mum and sister were going to the doctors?

Now that I come to think about it I tell them lots of things, like, 'I'm going to a party now boys, be back soon!' And, 'Water change tonight guys!'

Does anyone else talk to their fish?

Sorry Nope. (I talk to everything else in my house. ie birds,rabbit, cavy,rats,dogs,cats,kids and once in awhile the hubby. But not the fish.:)

I don't talk to them. But I do scratch the hood a little bit before I feed them; they seem to gather around when I do that. And I occassionally wave and point to them too.

I just came back from the pet shop with my new Betta! And I've been talking to him (Angelo) the whole time saying how pretty he is. And introducing him to the family! :D

I just came back from the pet shop with my new Betta! And I've been talking to him (Angelo) the whole time saying how pretty he is. And introducing him to the family! :D

Yes I know... I am at the next desk lol. He is a very pretty boy but I believe he thinks I'm a bit of a weirdo introducing my bettas to him as his 'cousins' lol.

I'm corny and I talk to the fish, sing to the fish....dance with the fish :look:
Buuut,I also think it gives them personality. Betta juvies are a trip when you talk to them in a crowded tank. They get downright insistent that "She's talkin' to me!".."No, she was talking to ME!"...and "You're all wrong, I swear she was looking right at me when she said 'you're so cute'.."

Uh - that's a definitele no-no. Never have and quite likely never will :look:

I must confess to saying "Hello Fishies" every time I go to have a look in the tank or to feed them!

Being a 29 yr old man that is often a source of amusement for female visitors. Hey Ho, I'm big enough to take it!

oh, dear... I talk to mine. Quite a lot... though, some more than others. I've discus and not all of them react - Arthur the red turq does though, he's my friend.....

I must confess to saying "Hello Fishies" every time I go to have a look in the tank or to feed them!

Being a 29 yr old man that is often a source of amusement for female visitors. Hey Ho, I'm big enough to take it!

I talk to my fish all the time. I have 2 platys and 1 corie (more coming). When I talk to them they come to the front of the tank and look at me. Even if they don't understand the words I believe they sense the loving vibration coming from me.

If I were an eligible female (married 17 years) and I saw you talking to your fish I'd know you were a wonderful person, because you care so much about even the small creatures of the world. Don't be embarrassed and don't stay with someone that thinks your talking to your fish is weird!

Debra

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back