do we really NEED another reason...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

well-first you can start by telling as many people as possible. if other people come into the store and say ," i have heard about these bad conditions for the fish and i came to check them out" then the managers know that people are talking. i employ bumper stickers as they speak to everyone that drives behind you:) (i have several animal rights stickers, a Christian sticker and a pro-life sticker)
when youre in the store, tell as many people as you can about the awful conditions. when you are in competing stores say, "gosh-this store is so much better than petco or walmart" and explain why.
flyers in their parking lot say a lot in a small space to the customers. now-im not sure if you are allowed to do that though but i doesnt seem to be breaking any law.

i am a firm believer than one person can make a big difference, a much larger difference than the rest of the world that sits and does nothing.

My walmart actually made a tank for bettas. All women of course. Which is great because they used to be in little dirty cups, they cared about the males though and they were always nice and clean. And they actually have good bettas as well. Thats were I goty my CT gals from.

lol.....jac....i'm your worst enemy, so i'm just gonna stop arguing....(i'm for abortion, the death sentence, i plan on hunting after my archery classes, and i hate how christians gotta follow all these tight lines of rules)

well.....i'm not changing.....and you can go ahead and call me racist....i don't mind. i'm almost there. i'm also against lesbians......

how the hell is one of my best friends a black lesbian?? :dunno:

ok...yup....all petco's are evil....uh huh....i think i'll leave now.... :blink:

jesse4.gif

actually jac, I dont use dressing. I dont eat fruit either. You can be healthy like that though. Being a vegitarian isnt that good always ya know. If you have a baby the need the protein from meant and fish and chicken, etc. You can loose the baby if you dont eat that then.

jacblades said:
well-first you can start by telling as many people as possible.
Been there,done that. I've even asked people NOT to buy a fish (while I'm standing there waiting to speak to the manager) and they just go about their idiotic business and feed the machine.

Anyway, I think yesterday was good for me! I'm back on the horn :thumbs: I just got off the phone with some WalMart bigwig, I'll start calling that number every day if I have to :whistle:

I feel like a hypocrite at our Wal-Mart because I complain all the time, but I also do all my shopping there. When Wal-Mart came to our town, the other stores started dropping like flies and so we are left with no choice.

The fish at Wal-Mart are horrible, I've complained about the types of fish they carry (ie pacus) and the conditions they are in. Especially the bettas, you can't go in there without finding a bunch of dead ones floating mid-water in their cups as if they are suspended in some type of gel. Our store also has a big sign for employees "DO NOT REMOVE DEAD FISH FROM TANKS. THE MANAGER MUST DO IT IN ORDER TO KEEP UP THE INVENTORY" That is so wrong. :no:

I also have 5 Wal-Mart bettas, we get them in once a month and I see them and know their fate, and I can't stand to leave them there. :-(

I'm guilty of that too,Sorrell :/ I have so many adopted WalMart neglectarinos, I finally had to quit buying them and take a stand. Boycotting the store did nothing, are they really gonna miss the hundred and fifty bucks I'd spend on groceries each week, nooo.

I've tried to be patient, than I just started getting angrier and angrier every time I'd see it.

I told the guy on the phone that I don't want to change the corporation, I just want to change what my eyes see everytime I go in there. I,as a customer, shouldn't HAVE to be subjected to animal cruelty just because I shop at their store. I think I'm going to go down there Monday or Tuesday and literally show them how to do water changes. An employee works an eight hour shift there, and changing betta cups will take all of 15 minutes every other day. It's not too much to ask.

I think our store may do water changes now and then because some of the cups have a marker slash on the lids...that was my theory, maybe they mark who they've changed? :dunno:

I try not to even go down the fish isle, but it's hard to explain to a three year old "No looking at fish today, mommy's taking a stand" It's just so hard to see what they do to the bettas. My betta Gill, who has that deformed gill...I think he's beautiful, but I don't know who would buy him and they get money back for dead fish. Now I have him in a 1 gal all to himself and he's active and healthy. I guess sometimes I'd rather "save" a few fish and give them money then let them die for a cause. Ugh, tough one. :no:

Sorrell said:
I try not to even go down the fish isle, but it's hard to explain to a three year old "No looking at fish today, mommy's taking a stand"
:lol: :lol:

My kids the opposite, she starts trying to pull me in the other direction when I'm in hot pursuit :rolleyes:

Sorrell said:
I also have 5 Wal-Mart bettas, we get them in once a month and I see them and know their fate, and I can't stand to leave them there. :-(
Same here, I'm up to....6 bettas from petco, one because I thought I would breed my bettas, so I bought a female, one because my brother wanted one, and I took the rest out of pity. I took five minutes to find the healthiest one with the best color, and I take them home. The last few times I went to petco, I brought a betta (or two) home

buy the bettas, and then go in the next day with a bag of foil saying they all died. Thats what I do with every fish I get from there. Well Its only bettas though. There beingf walmart. But my walmarts actually good, but still...

yeah, they think there are dead fish in the foil. I put the foil in a paper bag as well, so they think that there are actually fish in there. Thursday I went and "returned" my CT's and I said that they had a disease. They also said that you dont even need the bodies. Its great.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back