Do We Have Any Pc Experts Amongst Us?

Post in the computer zone, that's what it is there for and you'll get a better answer.

basically got the pc about a year ago and it wasnt set up correctly from the beginning the c drive is 40gig and there was another drive now named L that hadnt been enabled by the manufacturer so everything got installed on the c drive, thats now full to the rafters while the L drive where i just store my pics and music has 841 gig of free space, can i just somehow move all the stuff over from C to L. coz im fed up of having to clean up the c drive just to free up a tiny bit of space

Do you know if c: and L: are seperate physical drives or if there partitions on 1 drive. If there on one drive you could use something like partition magic to resize the partitions. What OS you running too as that might make answering a bit easier.

Do you know if c: and L: are seperate physical drives or if there partitions on 1 drive. If there on one drive you could use something like partition magic to resize the partitions. What OS you running too as that might make answering a bit easier.
far as i know its 2 drives but i couldnt swear on that its windows 7 sorry should've put that up
EDIT there are actually 4 drives sysyem c, winlive??, drivers and the L drive

right click your 'My Computer' icon and go to 'properties'.
'System Properties' should appear. Click on the 'Hardware' tab. Click on 'Device Manager'.
In the list that pops up, click on the + next to Disk Drives. Tell us whats listed there

right click your 'My Computer' icon and go to 'properties'.
'System Properties' should appear. Click on the 'Hardware' tab. Click on 'Device Manager'.
In the list that pops up, click on the + next to Disk Drives. Tell us whats listed there
does this help
Untitled-1.png

after seeing that i'm thinking its probably just 1 partitioned drive but i'm just guessing here

yeh one physical hard disk drive there. im probably going to be little help here since im on xp.. although i believe partitioning and resizing partitions is alot easier on windows 7.
bring up the START menu and type Disk Management in the search bar.

hopefully someone else can help you from here :crazy:

is you c:/ drive full due to the programs that are installed on it? You can install programs on another partition, it doesn't have to be c:/ (where windows lives). You could make a separate partition out of the free space you have just for programs. So long as you have the original install disks/files, you can free up space from C:\ by uninstalling progs and reinstalling them on another partition you create..

you could search for a large file you're unaware of and see if you can delete it/back it up/move it to another partition.

click F3. should bring up search (it does on xp :blush: )
tell it the smallest size file to look for (on xp you can specify a file size in KB. 102400 = 100MB )
in the search box enter *.* <-thats a wildcard search that shows up ANY file

Moving this to the computer section. Will leave a link though.

Liz

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back