Do u have Fluval Flex 34L , Come here give opinions

DudePT

Reaction score
Hello all.

I would like to take some doubts to all of you who have this aquarium.

1- how often do u make the water change TPA ?

2- do u fill the water until the red line or less ? mine is on the green

3- do u use carbon or purigen or someting else

4- does your water smells a bit wierd?

thanks for all

Attachments

• fluval.jpg
    fluval.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 27
I don't have that tank, but some of your points apply to all tanks.

If ammonia and nitrite are zero, water changes should be around 50% once a week.
If ammonia or nitrite are above zero, a water change should be done immediately; and repeat every time they are above zero.

Carbon is not needed unless the tank has been medicated when carbon is used to remove the medication. Keep the carbon in the cupboard not the filter. Fill the space in the filter with more sponge or ceramic media.
Purigen is not necessary either, unless there is a lot of nitrate in tap water.

Tank water should smell of damp earth. Does yours smell of something else?

I don't have that tank, but some of your points apply to all tanks.

If ammonia and nitrite are zero, water changes should be around 50% once a week.
If ammonia or nitrite are above zero, a water change should be done immediately; and repeat every time they are above zero.

Carbon is not needed unless the tank has been medicated when carbon is used to remove the medication. Keep the carbon in the cupboard not the filter. Fill the space in the filter with more sponge or ceramic media.
Purigen is not necessary either, unless there is a lot of nitrate in tap water.

Tank water should smell of damp earth. Does yours smell of something else?
Smells like that yes, propõe say that purigen its better then carbon to get crystal water

Purigen states that it removes organic waste, and helps control ammonia, nitrite and nitrate.

Organic waste, if left in the tank, will decompose to make ammonia which micro-organisms will turn into nitrite and then nitrite. It is much cheaper to remove the organic waste by doing weekly water changes and using the siphon tube to clean the substrate at the same time.
Micro-organisms in the tank remove ammonia and nitrite so we don't need special media for that.

Crystal clear water is just water which has no particles floating in it. Filter floss will remove particles.
Most of the contaminants in fish tanks cannot be seen as they are dissolved in the water. Water changes remove these.

Most reactions

Back