Do these look fertile

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
In some of the eggs there is like a white speck inside of the egg is that fungus? The whole egg is not white just a little portion of it.

A small white dot inside the egg can be a developing embryo or a dead egg. Just leave the eggs alone and let them develop.

If any eggs get white fluffy stuff on them, remove those eggs because they are dead, but leave everything else alone.

I think that I am getting the hang of it after seing one that has fungus and seeing darker ones I can tell that some are fertile . Sorry for all the posts I am just hoping that I can get this batch to hatch and it is the biggest batch of eggs I have had yet. I have 2 containers and one breeder net full of eggs so I will see which method is more successful in hatching.

I think that I am getting the hang of it after seing one that has fungus and seeing darker ones I can tell that some are fertile . Sorry for all the posts I am just hoping that I can get this batch to hatch and it is the biggest batch of eggs I have had yet. I have 2 containers and one breeder net full of eggs so I will see which method is more successful in hatching.
Don't be sorry :) it's good to ask questions. I cant wait to see how it goes for you

What is the black stuff in the egg
15925753728296975084555221865821.jpg

Ok I found some that have hatched yayyy. What do I do first, should I seperate them into a different container without fungus eggs. Or take the fungus eggs out but that might be hard because the container is green so it is hard to see.

Last edited:
I just did water changes on both containers to get rid of most of the ich x. They are all albino which is weird because the male is a bronze. Should I remove fungus eggs but I am hesitant to do that because I dont want to disturb hatching eggs or the fry?

Remove any and all fungus eggs or it can spread to other eggs and fry

What do you mean by spread to fry. Also how many days untill I can move them to a big tank witha bubble filter and loads of plants?

Can I move the fry to a tank that is ready for them right now because I dont want them to die in the water because some of the fungus eggs squished so the container is dirty.

Use the same water to move them, or wait a few days til theyre more stable.

And fungus can spread to fry too. Just remove what you can

Ok, it is very hard to remove the fungus eggs when they are all clumped together like mine. In your opinion would you keep them in the little container or move them to a new tank?

Fry are delicate, especially when small. So keep in the container and remove fungused eggs. You can hold the fungused egg in a pair of tweezers and gently use your fingers to hold the healthy clump of eggs and just gently pull it off the clump. Otherwise that fungus is going to cost you most if not all of that clump of eggs.

Id move them once theyre at least 7 days old, but not sooner

Do I do water changes once a day. And start feeding them on day 3.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back