do swordtails eat plants

Likewise I've never had a problem with Swordtails eating my plants. Nevertheless you will see them picking at them, ornaments and rocks as they do like hairy algae growths.

I'd have a go at planting and I'm pretty sure that they won't damage the plants.

Swordfish will eat plants but they have to really be hungry. Mine seem to really love Anacharis and the nip the other stuff too, but as long as they dont go a day without food mine leave them alone

Les

our swordtails have shredded every grass type plant I have put in the tank like my green and white acorus but they seem to leave the leafy ones like sword plants alone.

I have to buy thick leaved plants other wise the swordtails just eat the leaves. Little :devil: 's

most fish eat some plants but i think thats one of the reasons i put the plants in its natural they dont often leave the plants in too bad a state mostly i have a problem with mine being dug up sword tails wont laeve a noticeable mark on a well growing plant.

i remember when i had my lil 10 gallon, with all liver bearers, they all used to nip at the anachrids, but stayed away from the thicker plants like brazilian and amazon swords. but they only nipped at them when they were hungry. i personally believe it depends on the individual fish.

Most reactions

Back