Do people still . . .

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I love Bogor
1661754015864.png

Used to read the Beano and Dandy back in the day, Garfield was always a favourite and so was TinTin....I've dabbled a bit in manga but I honestly just love to read book-books. I don't have much time these days and can't remember the last one I read

Used to read the Beano and Dandy back in the day, Garfield was always a favourite and so was TinTin....I've dabbled a bit in manga but I honestly just love to read book-books. I don't have much time these days and can't remember the last one I read
Asterix was great
1661758207815.png

Comic books never got to me. All of those repetitive Marvel movie blockbusters cover that market now (officially an unpopular opinion!).

Even when I was a kid and comics reigned, they were just okay. I'm a natural speed reader, I don't know why. But I could go through a comic in minutes. They were never worth it - why shovel a bunch of snow to read a text that takes 4 minutes, when you could get a book for the same price?

Why ew? I understand if they're not your thing, they're not an interest of mine either, but ew?
It would be an awful dull world if we all liked the same things.
What draws me to comics is the art combined with the writing. All comics are satire and slice of life examinations or metaphors for something else. They can only interest the inquisitive mind and rarely , if ever , the closed mind.

thanks for the insult... Dont remember ever insulting people who read them.
Well... you did say their interest was "ew", and compared comic readers to loser neckbeards living in their mother' basement... it's not really the most pleasant stereotype to be associated with!

I can "see" the visual aspect. My mind doesn't work that way, but artists I know can really pore over and image and take more away from it than I will.

Well... you did say their interest was "ew", and compared comic readers to loser neckbeards living in their mother' basement... it's not really the most pleasant stereotype to be associated with!
thats just a picture that comes to mind... That is definitely not how I would describe a comic book reader as many are very intelligent and do very well.
But comic books and videogames always give me the picture of a 30yr old in his moms basement. And I play video games... Dont see myself as that type though...
Ew, yes ew lol. I love sushi, others (some of my friends) say ew and im never offended... I say ew to squash... Never offended anyone, at least I hope not... they were friends and family and took it fine

I can "see" the visual aspect. My mind doesn't work that way, but artists I know can really pore over and image and take more away from it than I will.
I can see that definitely. I do like the picture aspect of comics. And Ive realized I like different forms of art on comics more than others

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back