Do fish sleep?

That is an excellent example of perceptual sleep adeyc. The 3rd voice your brain "hears" is unusual and therefore could be a danger to you so your brain alerts you to it. You say you could sleep through a bombing etc. that maybe true but I guarantee you whilst in sleep mode, if your sensory canals(nose) picks up the smell of smoke you would react in the same manner. The reason a lot of peeps die in fires because of smoke inhalation is by the time their brain gets into gear to wake you up, the smoke from the fire will be surpressing the brains alert systems.That is why when you smoke it dulls your senseses and reaction times, and the nicotene gives you the sense of eurphoria. The smoke is actually poisoning your brain. Like all drugs,even the good old paracetemol act on the motor neurones and synapses of the brain to do their particular function. Which is to desensitise the messages reaching the brain.
Go to the top of the class adeyc............and sharpen all the pencils. :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Well as a smoker (and i have to admit quite a heavy one too) i can honestly say that i get NO euphoric feelings from the nicotine at all...........however i cannot give up no matter how hard i try :( :angry:

On the subject of sleep................i will normally wake if one of the sprogs kicks off but normally by the time im awake Nikki is already dealing with them lol :hehe: , other than that i will sleep through anything but thunder and lightning (perhaps this is because of a childhood fear of thunder & lightning) as with the very first "flash" of lightning im wide awake, its as if my eyes are still open and i see the lightning?????????????? :what: :what:

I also do some funny things in my sleep like talking etc and Nikki chomps and grinds her teeth lmao :hehe: :look:

Also i get the "falling off the curb" dream as well as the "tunnel" dream??????????????? any thoughts?????? :p :alien: :hehe:

That's very interesting pete. the fact you say that you are a heavy smoker and you don't get a eurphoric feeling. Both my parents were very heavy smokers and unfortunately to his dying day my father just couldn't give up. I use the term eurphoria very loosely, but you do get a "satisfaction" from the effects of smoking, don't you? Take that effect away and you immediatly suffer withdrawl symtoms. It is neither my place nor the right forum to debate the rights and wrongs of smoking, so I won't, but you do get my drift.
Now with the dream sequences, very interesting also. I'll need to do a little research regarding the falling off the curb, however the tunnel dream is quite common. It is your inner attitude to strive for what you regard as perfection and order in your life. You can only see light at the end and any method justifies the end result. I dare say you are quite an accurate type of man, you like your life organised and you pursue a goal until its conclusion. This maybe all crap, but usually tunnel vision dreams signifies what I've just said. :laugh:

Yes i suppose i do get satisfaction from smoking or else i wouldnt do it :what: lol

As for the falling off the curb its a wierd dream that jolts me awake very rapidly......i also at times get just a falling dream that freaks me out because when i wake up i still feel like im falling lol :laugh:

And yes i know what your all thinking .................FREAK!!! lmfao :p :laugh: :laugh: :alien:

Actually Pete, falling dreams are amongst the commonist of dreams. About 85% of people will experience this type of dream. Dependant upon you own circumstances, this dream denotes the lack of confidence in your destination, it denotes unsurity. If you are under stress particurlarly if at work it signifies your deliberation at what should the correct decision be, do I make this decision or that and what if...... comes into play. Insecurity in yourself. The dream never lets you land during your fall, does it? Because your decision is still open. Two thing will happen if you find you actually LAND in your dream, before you awake with a start. You may still percieve when you've woken that you are still falling and break out in a cold sweat, but you've broken the cycle.
1. You will land and feel fine, like an aircraft landing on a runway. 2. You will have died in your sleep, in which case it doesn't matter anyway.
Sorry to end in such a cheerful note, but you did ask. Anyway it is only an opinion. :laugh:

Can you help me with my dream?? :look:

i am in a little boat watching my coach(bus) being driven onto a 5"deep in water car park...........and i ask someone whos with me in my boat "how can i wash the other side?" they reply "go round and check for yourself" so i go round in my boat and i`m suprised to see a whale splashing water at the side of my coach!!the passenger side that the whale is washing is a hell of alot deeper water(obviously!!).

When i return to the drivers side.i can walk on the car park...........PLEASE HELP ME......or do i need mediciation?? lmao :hmm: i`m a coach driver by trade....but i dont own a little boat! wait eagerly for your reply!

You need a lot of very intense psychotherapy!  :laugh:  :hehe:  :laugh:

ROTFLMAO  :laugh:

Sorry draco, never heard of this one before. I will pass this one onto a top Harley Street psychotherepist for you. It just happens that I'm related to one. She works in London, and travels to Texas for the weekend. Her home is in Texas, she own a ranch with horses etc. I don't know what she will make of this one. :alien: :alien:

Draco, my relative suggests that she does not know enough about you to make a clinical diagnosis. However if it's for a bit of fun that you want to know what your dream intreprets to she suggests you looking up this website.
www.dreamdoctor.com
This is for fun only and is not an analylitical and/or cliinical diagnosis of your problem.

Most reactions

Back