Diy Led Project (led's On A Budget)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Ohh right, I'm not great at electronics but I like learning and trying new things.
On the driver does the 18 ~ 36VDC mean it can work a total of 18-36V of LED's so for example 3 x 6v LED's?
Can you photograph the wiring and stuff so I can see please?

not on that one because that one was done with separate drivers :)
but as per your altered drawing is how to do it. post #17
3x6v minimum yes but up to 3x12v LED's like the ones I linked you to and with this driver you will not be running them 100% so you will get longer than the average five year lifespan

I know I'll probably need some heatshrink to insulate the wire joints. Do I need to use a certain wire for the LED series and the driver to plug?
Sorry for all the questions I am a complete electronics newbie

14/0.2mm wire for the led circuit
2 x 23/0.14mm double insulated for the supply

will pick this up tomorrow beds calling lol

I think I'm going to have to get a book or something that can help me with all the technical side like wire gauges and stuff. I just want to make sure I know what I'm buying and I'm doing things right
Yeah it is time for bed I think :eek: LOL
Thanks for all the help

ok even more simply go to halfords or other car type store and ask for 2 amp wire thats for the led side, go to bandq or other diy store look in their cable section and get twin core 5 amp or above cable. The sizes I posted before will also be listed in the package/sign/label.

That makes a bit more sense to me :D Realistically I only want to make a 20W or less setup to save electric. Would I be better doing a 4-6 x 3W LEDs?

you could but you may need a different driver and also you will probably need lenses with them.

looks ok to me but like I said you may need optics on those. thats only 15 watts though and your underdriving them by 35%ish if your sure theres enough light for you then go for it

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back